Sprinter Sacre Appreciaton Group

• Thread starter Thread starter ArkleSupreme
  • Start date Start date
Henderson said "There is no denying that the Sportingbet Tingle Creek will be a whole new ball game for Sprinter Sacre. Not only will he be faced with a natural pace-maker in Sanctuaire, but also an extremely good horse. Sanctuaire poses a big challenge to Sprinter Sacre. It is going to be an extremely interesting race."
can't wait for this race. just hope the sanctuaire of the celebration chase turns up because you can't fail to be impressed with the visual of that performance.

Jasus will anyone show up on the day to take on Sprinter? If I owed Sizing or Cue Card I think I'd let them take their chance against SS. Anything can happen on the day.

I hate it when there are only a few runners, would it not make sense to spread the prize money out to say 8 places? That way you'd probably get at least 8 runners? Or is the reason they don't take them on that they are thinking about potential stud fee's? I'm fairly new to this game having been a small punter everytime I went to the races or for the national, these last two years I have got into it a bit more, maybe I'm talking complete nonsense but in all honesty I joined this forum to try and learn a bit more about the sport (and the gambling side of course!).

Ascot Chase this weekend should tell us a bit.

I reckon Cue Card heads to the Ryanair if he wins, and possibly CC if he loses. Same story with Finian's. At this stage, I think SE will probably take-on the Aeroplane......the rest are makeweights or mutts or both.

Champion Chase Runners

2013 >6
2012 8
2011 11
2010 9

Worrying?

Last edited:
Or is the reason they don't take them on that they are thinking about potential stud fee's?

Sometimes the top colts on the flat avoid each other for this reason, but it doesn't apply to the jumping males because nearly all of them are degoolied.

Question - is the supplementary stage for the QM still to come, or did it pass with the latest forfeit stage?

THE SPORTINGBET QUEEN MOTHER CHAMPION CHASE​
Class 1, Grade 1, 2m, £350,000 Total Prize Fund.​
Cheltenham, Wednesday, March 13, 2013. For 5yo+ which are allotted a rating of
130 or more by the BHA Head of Handicapping following a review of the horses entered and after taking account of races run up to and
including March 6 - horses which are not qualified for a rating in Great Britain, Ireland or France may also be entered & such horses
may be eligible providing the Handicapper is satisfied that the horse’s racecourse performances up to and including March 6 would
merit a minimum rating of 130 (the decision of the BHA Head of Handicapping shall be final). Weights: 11st 10lb. Allowances: mares
7lb. Entries closed January 8, entries revealed January 10 (
17 entries), scratchings’ deadline February 12, £17,500 supplementary
entry & six-day confirmation stage March 7. Final 48-hour declaration stage, 10am, March 11. Form figures supplied by Weatherbys

and are correct up to and including the racing of Tuesday, January 8.

Supplementary entries are on March 7

Sometimes the top colts on the flat avoid each other for this reason, but it doesn't apply to the jumping males because nearly all of them are degoolied.

Degoolied, I like that phrase. Then why avoid them, surely it doesn't make a difference then if their horse simply gets beat by the better horse. Particularly over the jumps anything can happen be it a fall or injury from an awkward landing so why not take a chance at a big prize?:confused:

That's the question connections of these horses are grappling with. Some of them will conclude that they have a better chance of winning the Ryanair and run in that instead, and some will decide they have a better chance of picking up some place money in the Champion chase.

Back