Sprinter Sacre Appreciaton Group

• Thread starter Thread starter ArkleSupreme
  • Start date Start date
Prove to me arkle can beat kauto star or vice versa ...... It can never be proved but all I knw is kauto holds the track record at kempton and demolishes arkles time so I doubt I'm talking shite like you tanlic , kauto could of won another 2 king George's but I don't want to hear what arkle could of done ,he didn't if flying bolt made to the 66 gold cup arkle wouldn't of won it anyway

Is it technically possible for you and Arkle Supreme to be on here at the same time, or does the requirement to have separate IP addresses for each username rule it out?

Of course it is its just supreme has to knock kauto star at every given moment because the horse is a horse of a lifetime and very popular

Tanlic summed up mayes comments already and having listened to the same waffle on BBC 606 thread previously BEFORE his hero was demolished 2 further times at the Cheltenham Festival,frankly,I am surprised he has even shown up here.

EVERYONE who was around in the 60s knows what a phenomenon Arkle was and he would have annihilated Kauto Star at level weights on any course,any distance and any going.

Kauto Star is actually flattered to be rated within 21lbs of Arkle as far as I am concerned but a 20 lengths plus beating will do for me.

Back to more sensible debate and I fully expect Sprinter Sacre to have an even better 7 year old season than Kauto Star did,having already been unbeaten over fences at 6,again something Kauto Star was unable to achieve !

BTW mayes....please never forget the final score.....Denman 3 Kauto Star 1

Now if we can return to the subject matter from now on, and I am sure mayes is more than capable of creating his own thread about his much inferior hero !

Andrew look up the kempton track record and see if kauto couldn't beaten arkle at kempton and as for your 21 lb and and a beating like ruby did laughed so much it hurt you cannot prove nothing the weak don't last this horse is tough as nails he's outlasted them all Including arkle ,I never see arkle beating the champion chaser at 2 miles did you I rest my case

Last edited:
Ha ha supreme your so funny when sprinter scare wins the tingle creek, a betfairs chase ,the king george and the gold cup in the same season then maybe just maybe il agree with you kings of kings

Andrew look up the kempton track record and see if kauto couldn't beaten arkle at kempton and as for your 21 lb and and a beating like ruby did laughed so much it hurt you cannot prove nothing the weak don't last this horse is tough as nails he's outlasted them all Including arkle ,I never see arkle beating the champion chaser at 2 miles did you I rest my case

course records mean absolutely nothing..many handicappers hold them..they are more about the coincidence of race and ground combination than about displaying greatness

Just as Team Nicholls never had the guts to run Kauto Star in any handicap chases as he was already exposed conceding merely one stone to Monets Garden and would have been exposed even further if they went ahead with their original plans to run him in the Betfred Gold Cup !

Still he was exposed enough with 5 DEFEATS from 7 Cheltenham Festivals....just not good enough I'm afraid.... with a clear view of Denmans behind in 3 out of 4 Gold Cups with a valid excuse for Denman's sole defeat by him !!

Supreme his beat his stable companion by 21 lengths giving 9 lbs so he has gave weight away and won at least kauto has never recieved weight and got beat unlike arkle did against mill house in the Hennessy no horse could recieve weight of kauto and win it just would never happen he's on the bridle this horse kauto star is absoultley hacking it this is a superstar king kauto

mayes....keep living the dream...the record books and Timeform Ratings make a mockery of your assessment !

Tanlic sussed you straightaway...and so will others on here.

Try talking about a subject you have more knowledge about...instead of trying to ridicule the greatest chaser ever seen....Arkle.

U mean kauto star there the raw emotion he give you goosebumps and I will never forget it they can't measure how far he wins by .......priceless

I feel like I'm in between 2 paranoid fruitcakes here.

We got one guy saying Arkle would have beaten Kauto Star 20 lengths in the King George 2009 his (best performance) which would have been totally impossible for any horse to have done that day unless he came straight out of a Harry Potter movie,

On the other hand we got some guy knocking Arkle and telling us how Kauto would kick his a$$.

As far as being biased is concerned these two win 1st prize hands down.

Me? I am totally unbiased....anyone care to look back into the archives of TRF and see who the first person to say kauto was the best since Arkle you'll find it was me. I also backed him AP every single year for the King George 9 months before the race. Plus I backed him when he won his last two races.

It's all documented and please excuse my brag but the point I am trying to make is I loved the horse to bits as I did Arkle so I can be totally unbiased.

I think it's safe to say Arkle would have proved just too strong for Kauto Star had he met him in the King George. He was by far the better jumper and although not so quick from standing start as kauto he'd have proved way too powerful and probably have beat him a couple of lengths.....It most certainly would not have been 20 lengths which is just silly.

In the Gold Cup it would have been no contest and I would have thought even at his very best Kauto would have lost badly round Cheltenham..10 15 lengths I don't know but it would have been more than Kempton. Arkle saw the trip out much better than Kauto ever did and would have made Kauto look like a tree up the hill.

No w seem it's silly time :_ Sprinter Scare would have beat them both :lol::lol::lol:

We're just having a good debate and when sa says kauto is not a truly top class horse he is living in dreamland because all the experts agree that kauto is one of the greatest of all time and many agree he is the greatest of all time

If this is a good debate I wouldn't like to see a bad one. It's trolling dressed up as debate and it's clogging up the forum with utter sh!te.

Last edited:
I'm with Benny. If you insist on introducing yourself to the forum by posting incessantly at least engage in some intelligent debate. This isn't the BF forum.

My comments about Arkle have substance to them and I have backed them up with facts also whilst Timeform have placed Arkle a conservative 21lbs ahead of Kauto Star which endorses the fact there is every chance he could have beaten Kauto Star by 20 lengths at Kempton also !

He was a one-off freak and caused a rewrite of the handicap system...one if Arkle ran and another if he didn't !

No-one in Horse Racing has ever said that Kauto Star is the best chaser of all-time....only a fool would even mention him in the same sentence as Arkle once ALL their steeplechase results are examined !!

E.O.S

Back