Beyond Desire
Full of Hope (IRE)
Habaayib
Kitty Kiernan
Lillie Langtry (IRE)
Misheer
Queen of Troy (IRE)
Walk On Bye (IRE)

Denman for me, SteveM always said he had loads of speed.

Strange entry for Rip Van Winkle, is AOB trying to send a subliminal message that he could if he wanted to.

Last edited:
He tried all of last year.... Just not subliminally... Perhaps he has a sense of humour after all?

I hope they send Delegator sprinting. He could be a real star. I hope we see Overdose as well although recent reports don't inspire confidence.

Delegator apparently will start over 6f so every reason to think he could stay at the distance because he is just short of being a top miler.

PACO BOY? Determined little beggar, can swing off the pace and slide past contenders quite happily. Always settles well, and looks a true professional.

They'd have to ride him properly this time Kri, shocking stuff last year.

Like Mullionmileanhour myself.

Duke Of York Stakes -

Anglezarke (IRE) 4.f
Damien (IRE) 4.c
Doncaster Rover (USA) 4.g
Edge Closer 6.h
Inxile (IRE) 5.g
Judd Street 8.g
Main Aim 5.h
Mullionmileanhour (IRE) 4.c
Prime Defender 6.h
Rock Jock (IRE) 3.c
Sayif (IRE) 4.c
Serious Attitude (IRE) 4.f
Showcasing 3.c
Society Rock (IRE) 3.c
Starspangledbanner (AUS) 4.c

Hopefully the 3yo's will clean up this year because the older sprinters look a really average bunch.

People have been saying this every year for decades!

The sprinting division these days is the most competitive around and I'm sure the older sprinters will give a good account of themselves, as they usually do.

One thing that helps them is the large fields you tend to get for the top WFA sprints, especially compared to 40 years or more ago. Being battle-hardened gives a bit of an edge to the older brigade in these races, just as it has always done in the big sprint handicaps.

Last edited:
Starspangledbanner makes his debut tomorrow in the Group 2 race for Aidan O'Brien. It will be interesting to see how he goes.

If he's 100% fit, I think he'll take some catching. From the videos I did see, a Flat straight 6f should play to Starspangledbanner's strengths. At the prices I'm prepared to take the risk.

He's certainly the one they all have to beat DJ - but this race often goes to a big priced outsider and Judd Street might be the one this year in my opinion.

His run last time out against proven top quality sprinters stands out in this grade - would expect any one of Joy And Fun, All Silent or War Artist (3 of the 4 in front of him at Meydan) to start short priced favourites in a race of this nature. He has good form on good ground or faster and his only previous run at the track was decent enough when sixth in a big field handicap to River Falcon in 2007.

Will definitely be having a few quid each-way though there's always the possibility that Starspangledbanner is just a class apart - he looked good when bursting onto the scene over 1m when beating the odds-on Denman and has been taking on the best sprinters Australia has to offer since then.

5/1 seems a more than fair price if the vibes are he is ready to run.

I cannot believe the price of Main Aim - you would need to be on drugs.

Won first time out in 2008 and 2009 and has the best form of the Europeans courtesy of his July Cup effort. Can't say I'd be in a hurry to lay at bigger than 3's.

He looked a different horse in his last 3 runs last season though, no? You could say he came back to form in the Challange Stakes, but I think it's easier to forgive runs that are too bad to be true (his other 2). He looks one to avoid to me until he shows his early season form of last year again.

Fair enough. I tend not to worry about horses losing their form in the second half of the year when they have good records fresh. In fact, with lower grade horses I really like them with that profile because they are usually very well handicapped.

Apparently he was treated for ulcers before the Challenge so it sounds like whatever was bothering him was treated.

Starspangledbanner also runs a really strong mile, having won the Caulfield Guineas in the spring. So distance should not be a query.

Ideal conditions for Main Aim today in my opinion which is why I would be slow to oppose him.

I'd want to be against Starspangledbanner - This is clearly a prep race so if he does win he is probably something special as this is a very good group 2 sprint.

I like Showcasing who brings track form (Incidentally only one horse from last years Gimcrack has run this year and that was the last placed corporal maddox who ran the impressive society rock to within 1/2 length) with him and looked all over a sprinter last year. The other horse I like, probably more than showcasing, is mullionmileanhour. Best clearly thinks an awful lot of him and whilst a stiffer six would probably be ideal he is race fit and is unexposed. I was hoping he might drift to a double figure price.

Back