Sprinting Division

Like the last few seasons.

Impossible, unless you're backing bigger priced horses with the only logic being they all have similar chances!

I thought Alfred Nobel was feeling the ground in the Greenland Stakes, but it doesn't say much for the Irish sprinters that the 104 rated winner won easily.

I thought Alfred Nobel was feeling the ground in the Greenland Stakes, but it doesn't say much for the Irish sprinters that the 104 rated winner won easily.

I think he is just an awkward ride - would do it on any ground.

Nice return from Kingsgate Native by all acounts?

Only worry with the form is Spin Cycle, but otherwise it looks up to snuff. Kingsgate Native now an open Group winner at 2, 3, 4 and 5!

I believe Forensics is starting on Monday in the Charnwood Forest Stakes at Leicester.

Former champion racehorse in Australia, it will be interesting to see how she goes.

I really can't understand the price (9/1) of Fleeting Spirit for the King's Stand next week (unless she's a doubt). Here you have an admirably tough, ultra consistent sprinter, who finished in the first 2 in each of the 4 European Group 1 sprints she ran in last season, winning 1, runner up in this race to an impressive Aussie sprinter, the best hose at Haydock till tying up in the mud, and (in my opinion) slightly running flat yet still a close up second in the Abbaye. Goes well fresh, and I'm struggling to see why she is the price she is when you compare her to the other British sprinters at the top of the market. A 5 star each way bet for me, probably the best bet at Ascot.

I see they are running Starspangled which will be interesting and Hughes will ride the Abbaye winner instead of Murtagh in consequence.

I do wonder what has happened to Monsieur Chevalier - anyone have any idea ?

King Stand - final declarations

Amour Propre
Blue Jack
Borderlescott
Equiano
Goldtrail
Kingsgate Native
Markab
Nicconi
Spin Cycle
Total Gallery
Bould Mover
Mister Manannan

Nicconi should walk this race in. He will be a great thing beaten if he does.

Watch out for Gold Trail too, though I do think he might struggle with the undulating hills.

Good old Borderlescott looks a biggish price. Doesn't take that much to reverse form in races like these.

Good shout by Mr Johnson over in the Queen Anne thread - Equiano certainly did take a lot of pegging back!

Straight forward win for Equiano backers. Thought Kingsgate Native was just making a move (would not have won) when he got knocked - also sweated up alot.

I read your post put it did'nt register. I was hovering over the place market at 2.54. Oh well another day, well done.

Kingsgatve Native appears to have become a complete twicer. Granted he didn't get the clearest of runs. Shows how pointless it is trying to come up with a pecking order for the sprinters, they just take it in turns to beat each other dependent on tactics and the rub of the green.

Back