St leger 2015

sunybay

At the Start
Not a bad edition.

any views?

i think field of athenry has a huge chance.

i have him well clear in the figures and will not be taken for the lead on a small field.

i backed him midweek EW 7s and 8s 123 1/4
but still huge value at 6s

The fact that it could be called an ok edition sums up what a yawnfest this is these days.

Not saying there isn't a place for it but the hype it generates is way out of proportion to it's importance

in the narrative of a flat season.

jesus christ... every single year same old anoraks moan

Its a good race . its a race i like a lot. no lets be clear... its one of my fav races of the year

its not a crappy handicap and it usually has a good competitive field unlike those "yawnfest" french "trials" we will see this weekend. its run on a decent fair course

i couldnt give a toss whether the ratings are this or that. last years winner was/is a cracking good horse. if its that bad...dont watch it

and storm the stars is a horse i love to watch

Last edited:
Not a bad edition.

any views?

i think field of athenry has a huge chance.

i have him well clear in the figures and will not be taken for the lead on a small field.

i backed him midweek EW 7s and 8s 123 1/4
but still huge value at 6s

Good luck with your bet. I think the booking of SDS is a real bonus - suspect he'll ride the fractions he wants from the front.

Aidan has De Souza and William Buick booked for rides in the St Leger interestingly enough.
It shows the Universal appeal of these guys; maybe he is opening doors for himself re owners for the future.
The furure of Frankie riding Scorpion in 2005 is distant history thankfully.

I'm surprised at the Buick booking
I was under the impression Frankie riding Camelot in the Arc was one of the nails in his coffin at the time.

I'm surprised at the Buick booking
I was under the impression Frankie riding Camelot in the Arc was one of the nails in his coffin at the time.

I dont think so
when you are a top jockey and your boss signs someone like Barzalona to share the job with you, it means you are finished for the job

Fields Of Athenry's run in the Ebor was a big one considering he had an outside draw and a rating of 118 to contend with.

None of O'Brien's trio went anywhere near the other classics and it would seem each of them has been brought along all season with this race in mind.

Storm The Stars did contest the two Derbys and was placed in both, but also beaten by a good margin in both. He was probably the better horse on the day against Bondi Beach in the Voltigeur but he was lucky to keep the race because you couldn't say he was definitely the better horse. If the going remains Good he has a great chance but if heavy rain arrives I think he will be disadvantaged; Sea The Stars progeny seem to go better on decent ground. He's also the only one of the leading quartet in the betting not yet to have attempted this trip. He should get it but it's an unknown.

Bondi Beach beat Order Of St George fair and square in the Curragh Cup and should do so again.

To be fair his presence in that race makes it from a betting point of view, how the thing is favourite is mind boggling. The Cumani horse is rampant value at 10s

With Suny on this.
Fields Of Athenry got a seriously poor ride in the Ebor, but - even on the bare ratings - ran well enough to be a strong factor in this.

Always feels unsatisfactory when a big race is decided in the stewards' room. I'll admit I was surprised at the revision - I didn't think Bondi Beach was making up any appreciable ground on the filly in the last half-dozen or strides.

Back