Stayers Hurdle 2018

There’s no animal less deserving of the word ‘meister’ adding to their name than that raging charlatan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His bridle speed is his closing speed. Don't see an issue.

If they go a decent pace in the Stayers' that speed will be more than enough to win this imo

There’s more fight in a French pacifist. That’s my issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looking at my review of last Saturday before I analyse the results in detail.

Immediately after the race I wrote:

I imagine something willemerge regarding Beer Goggles. He didn’t show any tendency to hang out right atleft-handed Newbury so I suspect there was a physical problem with him. Ithought he ran very well in the circumstances.

I scoured the Weekender today for some kind of comment but saw none. They'll probably tell us after he pishes up in the Stayers but of course the yard will have other matters on their minds right now.

In today's RP:

"He cameout of the Cleeve fine and ran a cracker. He hung a little bit to the right;he's had a little tweak done to his back since but he still ran a good race."

"A little bit to the right"? That's like saying Nicky Henderson enjoys a shandy.
Anyway, if he's had his back checked out and fixed it implies they found something not quite right and that would explain his run.
<o:p></o:p>

<body id="cke_pastebin" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; left: -1000px;">I imagine something will emerge regarding Beer Goggles. He didn’t show any tendency to hang out right at left-handed Newbury so I suspect there was a physical problem with him. I thought he ran well in the circumstances.</body>

Beer Goggles has been taken out of the Woolacott yard by the owners who are ptp trainers in the Minehead area and will be trained by them.

Stayers Hurdle Thread

I tried to post something on the thread (re Beer Goggles) last night but since then all I'm getting is a blank screen when I click on the most recent page.

Is it my machine or is there a problem with the thread. I see DG has added a post this morning but I can't access it.

Same for me, I added a post (about Beer Goggles too) to see if it would bring it back to life.

I have let Col know.

Different members may have different settings as to how many posts appear on a page, for instance mine is set to 40 posts per page and it's Page 4 with the issue for me.

ok, no idea whats wrong with that but have merged the 2 threads together to create a page 8 and its just page 7 that can't bee seen, so although one page is missing all the other posts are ok, and people can post now and see whats being posted. Not ideal but better than nothing :D

Yanworth confirmed for this.

Has to be a danger.

Pardon me ? That would be great news if that's the case as I have some nice positions Ante-post but I was only reading about 2 days ago that that were thinking the Ultima Buisness was the better option. Listening to these guys could send you puddled.

Ye mate I've just read it but was sort of in disbelief as its the first piece of good news for my Ante-post book that I've had for a while and having read what I'd read the other day I'd sort of excepted I'd not get a run for my dough.

Read that Long House Hall is going back over hurdles to contest the Coral Cup also hoping this turns out to be bollocks and he goes for the Plate.

Ye mate I've just read it but was sort of in disbelief as its the first piece of good news for my Ante-post book that I've had for a while and having read what I'd read the other day I'd sort of excepted I'd not get a run for my dough.

Read that Long House Hall is going back over hurdles to contest the Coral Cup also hoping this turns out to be bollocks and he goes for the Plate.

That would surprise me on the face of it for Long House Hall. Thought he ran a screamer at Doncaster on his return on ground he would have hated.
Looked the perfect prep run to go for the Plate of 146. (He's still currently 25/1 for the Plate NRNB with 365)
He has same mark over hurdles and was 2nd in a coral cup 2016 off 6lbs lower. Surely at his age and how many hurdle runs he's had he is exposed over hurdles and not that well Handicapped?
And he's not even in any betting lists for the coral cup at the moment. He does however have an Entry for the Grand National at 100/1 (Currently no.48 on the list so should get in?) :ninja:

That what they said DH that they'd use the Coral Cup as a prep for the National but then said he might go to the Sefton. I really like the horse but wouldn't see him as a National type tbh looked like he didn't get home at Doncaster and was travelling extremely well. Could put it down to race fitness I suppose but normally goes well off a break.

Back