Summer Nap Selections

This competition ends next weekend.

Remember, you will have the normal 2-point bullet during the week and, to round things off, three 4-point bets at the weekend.

Last edited:
The last update was done on 8 October, Mr Brute. New Approach has been doing them once a week.

Sorry the scores are going to be a little late this week - got friends staying tonight but will do my best to get the table up tomorrow.

The three-bullet finish this weekend means a good number of the field might still be harbouring hopes, however faint, of getting up on the line and the front runners might still have some work to do. Does anyone think we should operate a 'sealed bid' system for selections on Saturday and Sunday in order to prevent it becoming overly tactical?

The three-bullet finish this weekend means a good number of the field might still be harbouring hopes, however faint, of getting up on the line and the front runners might still have some work to do. Does anyone think we should operate a 'sealed bid' system for selections on Saturday and Sunday in order to prevent it becoming overly tactical?

I'm against it on the basis that rules should not be changed to help the clueless guessers on here.

My fear is that those out in front simply copy the bets of their nearest pursuers.

An alternative to sealed bids would be to ask for selections for each day to be posted before the start of racing.

Last edited:
My fear is that those out in front simply copy the bets of their nearest pursuers.

An alternative to sealed bids would be to ask for selections to be posted before the start of racing.

I don't think you've done the Maths. Copying your nearest rivial only ensures you stay ahead of them but you could be overtaken. With so many participants needing a big price winner and therefore selecting longer prices, the chances of someone landing one is probably odds on.

Anyway the thought that I would copy the bets of the clueless guessers on here is quite insulting.

That would mean a change of rules on the last weekend of the competition-if
one of the frontrunners wants to indulge in gamesmanship so be it.

Back