Summer Nap Selections

That would mean a change of rules on the last weekend of the competition-if
one of the frontrunners wants to indulge in gamesmanship so be it.

A 4pt win on Frankel would mean a 85%+ chance of not decaying 4pts which could be crucial.

I don't think you've done the Maths. Copying your nearest rivial only ensures you stay ahead of them but you could be overtaken. With so many participants needing a big price winner and therefore selecting longer prices, the chances of someone landing one is probably odds on.

Anyway the thought that I would copy the bets of the clueless guessers on here is quite insulting.

Of course I've done the maths, that's why I said the frontrunners still have some work to do. But by the time Sunday comes round there will be fewer people left in contention and fewer threats to cover.

That would mean a change of rules on the last weekend of the competition-if
one of the frontrunners wants to indulge in gamesmanship so be it.

I would see it as a change of procedure rather than of the rules, but perhaps that is merely a semantic distinction. What matters is whether it would wrongfoot anyone unfairly. Do you think anyone's selections so far would have been different if a change such as this was announced weeks ago?

I would see it as a change of procedure rather than of the rules, but perhaps that is merely a semantic distinction. What matters is whether it would wrongfoot anyone unfairly. Do you think anyone's selections so far would have been different if a change such as this was announced weeks ago?

Your biggest problem is your overestimating people's diligence on this thread. Few actually read the posts, they just click reply and post their selection. I'd bet at very short odds that any rule change now would be missed by the vast majority. You only need to see how many people 'ignored' the not changing your selection rule to get my point.

Last edited:
The consensus is to leave well enough alone. The interfering hand of Brussels will remain in its pocket.

My fear is that those out in front simply copy the bets of their nearest pursuers.

An alternative to sealed bids would be to ask for selections for each day to be posted before the start of racing.

I can assure you I won't be looking at the thread before posting my selections.

Liked the way he ran lto - had a throw away few quid at 14's - pity you couldn't take EP. Great call Luke.

Unfortunately I didn't make the most of it-was out of coverage with the iPhone and when I got where I had to go the race was about to start.On the plus side an in running back of Kingdom at 3.8 prevented a disaster of a day.

Here's the table up to Sunday night, could everyone check that they have the number of points they think they should have please - especially those at the top since its the last week and still quite close. I've checked over the spreadsheet again tonight but I could still easily have missed something especially if the mistake comes from a few weeks back.

Thanks

Attachments

• wk12.JPG
    wk12.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 34
Don't think this included my place money for clarach, first bet, which puts me inside the cut...you know I have a reputation for finishing strong...

Sorry del boy, I mixed up the two entries for Clarach on the spreadsheet. Its fixed now and your points are -53.5 to date.

Back