Summer Nap Selections

Naas

1.50 Francis of Assisi
2.50 Washboard Sam

Both 4 points win

Thanks Grey and New Approach for organizing and running the comp. Great comp!!!

4pts win Hawkhill Kempton 14.45

Correction: Hawkhill's race is the 3.20

Last edited:
After Hawkhill's win at 12/1, my final dart is Minella Minstrel in the last at Naas

4pts win Minella Minstrel 17.35 Naas

Has Dave G's winner yesterday with Sapphire clinched it? It would be well deserved.

And well done to Pricewise, who emphatically avoided the whitewash by going for Frankel yesterday.

But I have to introduce a sour note. Troyan was best price 16/1 when I put him up the other day and Hawkhill today was 22/1. Their respective SPs of 4/1 and 12/1 lead me to suspect someone on here was wading into them in order to nobble me. :blink:

Has Dave G's winner yesterday with Sapphire clinched it? It would be well deserved.

And well done to Pricewise, who emphatically avoided the whitewash by going for Frankel yesterday.

But I have to introduce a sour note. Troyan was best price 16/1 when I put him up the other day and Hawkhill today was 22/1. Their respective SPs of 4/1 and 12/1 lead me to suspect someone on here was wading into them in order to nobble me. :blink:

Definately slim chance... Sour grapes for losing to me.

Think the final table below is correct - well done to Dave G

Also well done to Kauto and Marble who selected the highest priced winners

And well done to Desperate Dan with 10 winners

If there had been a booby prize I'd have won by a mile - I've even managed to score less points than some members who stopped posting selections weeks ago! Hopefully the start of the jumps will be better for me.

Attachments

• finalWk.JPG
    finalWk.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Congratulations, Dave, you have the joint-second highest number of winners, were out front throughout the final stages and put your bets up early. The rest of us knew what our target was but we couldn't get there. Your win is entirely deserved.

And well done, Kauto and Marble, anyone who can turn up 20/1 winners every so often can have a lot of fun punting.

New Approach, thank you so much for all the work you've done on the score keeping, regular updates are an essential part of any competition.

And naturally, thanks to all who took part, and for the bit of fun we had.

Cheers guys. Many thanks to grey and New Approach for the score keeping, and Slim for keeping me on my toes over the last couple of weeks. I think I will have to fund the return of the Grand National comp this year.

Think the final table below is correct - well done to Dave G

Also well done to Kauto and Marble who selected the highest priced winners

And well done to Desperate Dan with 10 winners

If there had been a booby prize I'd have won by a mile - I've even managed to score less points than some members who stopped posting selections weeks ago! Hopefully the start of the jumps will be better for me.

Well done to all who organised and the prizewinners:cool: Now- if only I'd have started the way I'd finished:lol::lol::lol:

I'm am open to suggestions as to what to do with my winnings from slim chance.

So far I have, buying a fur coat and a crown, and wearing these at our next race meeting. I'm thinking of buying a cane, but I don't want to look like a pimp, as opposed to an absolute king....

Another cleverly devised and challenging competition from Grey.
(Clearly you shouuld work for the Competition Commissioners over there in Brussels). New Approach did all the numbers and provided timely updates ( not something scorers have necessarily done in the past). Well done and thank you both!
As for the winner what can you say? He's got stamina, relishes the challenge, and might do well over obstacles. Well done Dave!

Well done Dave, you need some solace the way your team is playing. But you'll never walk alone, that's for sure.
Thanks to the organiser, administrator and scorer
Well done also to all those who took part (all except one - he knows who he is. . . . .)

Back