Summer Nap Selections

I make the scoring wrong.
BruttoCavitto +40 but hecstaked 12 over the week and had 2 on a 2/1 winner and 4 on a 12/1 winner - I make that +46. *

Thanks, I'd failed to include Van Ellis as I had him down at Galway on the spreadsheet. I've adjusted this now.

Thanks, I'd failed to include Van Ellis as I had him down at Galway on the spreadsheet. I've adjusted this now.

Thanks. We've had a £250 matchbet on who finishes higher (and obviously wins the competition) so it's very important I beat him straight up.

There have been a couple of instances where participants have asked to replace their original selection with a new one.

One of the cases was where the race in which the horse was to run was abandoned. It seems entirely reasonable to allow a replacement selection if a race is abandoned or a horse is a non-runner.

If, however, someone simply has a change of mind and wants to select a different horse, whether in the same or a different race, I don't think we should allow this. After all, would a bookie, the tote or any other betting operator allow it?

From now on, therefore, selections can only be replaced in cases where the original bet would normally be refunded by a betting operator. The word normally is underlined because Paddy Power refund specials on beaten hotpots and the like are not covered by this provision.

There have been a couple of instances where participants have asked to replace their original selection with a new one.

One of the cases was where the race in which the horse was to run was abandoned. It seems entirely reasonable to allow a replacement selection if a race is abandoned or a horse is a non-runner.

If, however, someone simply has a change of mind and wants to select a different horse, whether in the same or a different race, I don't think we should allow this. After all, would a bookie, the tote or any other betting operator allow it?

From now on, therefore, selections can only be replaced in cases where the original bet would normally be refunded by a betting operator. The word normally is underlined because Paddy Power refund specials on beaten hotpots and the like are not covered by this provision.

Eurocrat :rolleyes:

Sorry, Del, this week competitors are restricted to one 2pt bet midweek and one 4pt bet at the weekend.

Back