SunAlliance Chase

Guest_

At the Start
Ok some will not get there on the day but this looks about as strong a race (potentially) as there will be at the Festival.

Cooldine
Trafford Lad
The Market Man
Fiveforthree
Aran Concerto
What A Friend
Forpadytheplaster
Massini's Maguire
Tranquil Sea
Breedsbreeze
Lodge Lane

Very close at the top of the market, but any of them could turn into genuine Gold Cup type horses next season.

The race seems to have a habit of cutting up though, so the one I think that will prove to be the most competitive could well be the RyanAir (Festival Trophy). A combination of Materminded and Denman/ Kauto, could well scare a few off into the middle ground. I've long been suspicious (well from the moment they anounced a 4th day) that this 2.5 mile chase might very emerge as the feature and that the stayers lacked the depth anchor the day. I suspect there was an issue of balance as 1 hurdle and 3 chase features might not work, and that the presence of Inglis Drever and Baracouda had provided a temporary fillip to the staying hurdles dvision which the Festival Trohpy would eventually eclipse.

Ok some will not get there on the day but this looks about as strong a race (potentially) as there will be at the Festival.

Cooldine
Trafford Lad
The Market Man
Fiveforthree
Aran Concerto
What A Friend
Forpadytheplaster
Massini's Maguire
Tranquil Sea
Breedsbreeze
Lodge Lane

Very close at the top of the market, but any of them could turn into genuine Gold Cup type horses next season.

Tranquil Sea?

Absolutely, sunybay. He was miles below his best at Fairyhouse; if he comes back to his best, he still has huge potential.

I liked the look of What A Friend yesterday at Cheltenham.

I have long been a fan of Cooldine, and once he jumps around ok I think he will win.

I would add though that I have heard that (along with Cousin Vinny) he did not travel over. No doubt Mullins (who was very open about CV) will let us know if thats the case but its something to bare in mind.

My horse was Fiveforthree but doesn't look like we'll see him this year - backed Lodge Lane at 40/1 already so here's hoping.

Cooldine deserved favourite but needs to jump quickly, you'd imagine the front runners will make it a bit of a test, have a lot of respect for Carruthers, The Market Man etc but wonder will there be too many taking each other on.

I like Siegemaster E/W - perhaps you look at Christmas run behind Casey Jones and wonder why he should finish closer, which is fair enough, but at least he handled the track well last year and finished ahead of Gone To Lunch, Carruthers, What a Friend and Lodge Lane on that occasion. A bit of value, maybe.

Back