SunAlliance Chase

Yes all credit to Gal, always been banging the drum about this one....

Imagine if Glencove Marina came back.....and Hurricane Fly proved to be what everyone thinks he could be. And then there's Cooldine, Quevega, Mikael D'Hageuneut, Cousin Vinny, whatever the best of these bumper horses is amongst others....not a bad stable of horses to have.

Well done Galileo. I remember you being sweet on this horse from a long way back so hope it was very profitable.

Those down hill fences were a killer. I backed the horse antepost months and months ago but to be honest while the money is good, I really do love this horse anyway and am just delighted to see him fullful his potential.

A superb performance - and did't both Cooldine and Carruthers jump superbly for the most part? Such a shame Carruthers bashed through that one - he did really well to box on from that and get back into gear so fast. Two very brave horses.

I noticed Batchelor was riding Carruthers on a very loose rein most of the time and only gathered him up and pushed him forward for the the big one where he nearly unseated - I wonder how close he would have got to the winner if Mattie had left it to the horse! Bit annoying as I had only those two in my PP!! LOL

Jaysus

Mullins said: "I have to say that I did feel he was my best punt of the day. I couldn't believe how well Mikael (D'Haguenet) won in the race earlier so I had to be confident.
"He jumped so well, but an hour and a half before the race we had a scare as one of our girls said he was lame.

"He had a problem with a shoe so we just ended up having to stick one (another shoe) on him."

Mullins walked past me yesterday coming back into the PR and I was changing cards, dammit! - he had the biggest jolly smirk after Forpadydeplaster's win I've ever seen on a trainer :p
Bet it's even bigger today!

Was a reference to Jft's post about Lavirco (who I don't think has sired a winner at 2m 5f+).

I'm confused too.

Beneficial sired Cooldine and has Gungadu at 2m 5f+.

Lavirco sired Mikael and has no winners at 2m 5f+ but a full brother who is a decent sire and won at 3m 3f.

sorry, not sure how i got onto Mikael on this thread. my mistake. well done to galileo for pointing out Cooldine many moons ago, hope you cleaned up.

Cooldine was as impressive if not more than Denman 2yo ago, top class horse in the hands of a genius,

Cooldine has been rated 170 (subject to change) by the RP. For comparison, that's 3lbs higher than the Ryanair winner Imperial Commander.

After the Gold Cup, how serious a challenge do people think Cooldine can put up to the big two next year assuming all goes well?

KS will be running in his fourth Gold Cup next year. That`s a really tough ask. I would make Cooldine the most likely winner at this stage.

Back