Supreme Novices Hurdle 15 March 2022

I think Dysart Dynamo was more likely to be unplaced than second when he fell. Wasn't travelling sweetly, and didnt, for me.

That aside what is very interesting is Constitution Hill clocked 37 seconds from 2 out to the winning post

Honeysuckle clocked 39 seconds and Rachael was more active than Nico. This is extremely unusaly for a Supreme to be run quicker than a Champion Hurdle especially over the last 2 or 3 hurdles

That's the equivilant of 8 lengths :blink: It's early doors yet but this horse could be one of the best we've ever seen in a very long time

That aside what is very interesting is Constitution Hill clocked 37 seconds from 2 out to the winning post

Honeysuckle clocked 39 seconds and Rachael was more active than Nico. This is extremely unusaly for a Supreme to be run quicker than a Champion Hurdle especially over the last 2 or 3 hurdles

That's the equivilant of 8 lengths :blink: It's early doors yet but this horse could be one of the best we've ever seen in a very long time
Agree completely. Already looks a good thing for next year's CH, given he makes it.
Chuffed for your Honeysuckle win,btw.

Last edited:
I just read he broke the track record:blink: Buckley says he going to win the Champion Hurdle and then the Gold Cup...........not in the same season thankfully so he's not gone completely crazy quite yet

Good on him..no owner deserves having a good one more than him having spent millions and stayed loyal to Nicky Henderson.

I've been going there a fair few years now...............that was the best Supreme performance I've ever seen.

Was about to say something similar. With normal improvement, there has to be a chance he develops into the best we've seen, bar none.

Jonbon chasing and CH for the CH, youd think

And CH could still go novice chasing at 7. I was sick about Dysart, but absolutely nothing was beating that. Absolute freakish performance. That was a monster.

Id make him odds on vs Honey

Last edited:
And CH could still go novice chasing at 7. I was sick about Dysart, but absolutely nothing was beating that. Absolute freakish performance. That was a monster.

Id make him odds on vs Honey

few bookies already with match bet prices for a possible punchestown encounter. some made Honeysuckle slight odds on but some gone with CH as the fav.

a shame DD came down but what a spectacular performance nonetheless.

I was on Dysart and he’d have been behind Jonbon. CH could be absolutely anything providing he stays injury free. Don't think he’ll meet Honeysuckle till next years Champion though

Whatever about next March, you would be mad not to take any odds against Honeysuckle in a Punchestown clash, come on like!!

Last edited:
When Michael Buckley lands back on planet Earth and sits down with Nicky who will tell him novices with novices it is highly likely leopardstown won't happen..3/1 eah of 2 for next years Champion Hurdle...Can i have 5k on each please? :blink:

Back