Supreme Novices Hurdle 15 March 2022

Can someone enlighten me on what sparked off the massive Sir Gerhard drift out to 12/1 on the machine.

There's no mention of this on any of the major websites although he has come in from 6/5 to 10/11 on Oddschecker
for the Ballymore but remains on 2/1 jt fav for the Supreme

Did someone say something on a Preview or what?

Everyone knows it’s likely he’ll split his pair, and Mullins was quoted a couple of days back saying (I’m paraphrasing) that original plan was Sir G would go Supreme, but having run him at the DRF then maybe Ballymore would be a better option.

The volumes traded on Sir G in both markets aren’t big. It’s probably just people with good positions in the Supreme hedging, or else others simply taking a view that - of the two - Sir G is more likely to go Ballymore. It doesn’t need any real confirmation - or even imagined confirmation - for that sort of slide to happen, given the low level of volume (there’s exactly £1 to lay at 13, and £15 to back at 12 for the Supreme, which is basically nothing).

Last edited:
Everyone knows it’s likely he’ll split his pair, and Mullins was quoted a couple of days back saying (I’m paraphrasing) that original plan was Sir G would go Supreme, but having run him at the DRF then maybe Ballymore would be a better option.

The volumes traded on Sir G in both markets aren’t big. It’s probably just people with good positions in the Supreme hedging, or else others simply taking a view that - of the two - Sir G is more likely to go Ballymore. It doesn’t need any real confirmation - or even imagined confirmation - for that sort of slide to happen, given the low level of volume (there’s exactly £1 to lay at 13, and £15 to back at 12 for the Supreme, which is basically nothing).

Dysart Dynamo Supreme
Sir Gerhard Ballymore

You all could have saved 500 essays had you just listened to me 3 months ago.

Literally the only ante post bets I have had are Sir Gerhard/Dysart dynamo doubles.

They just need to win now!!!

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

To be fair guessing or not it looks like Slim got it bang on which was going where but I am not so sure Dysart Dynamo will start fav and win the Supreme.

As far as the Ballymore goes it is looking like the poorest renewal for years with Ginto unlikely to run having drifted to 33/1

If I were Mullins I would do a sneaky and be running Kilcruit in the Ballymore who Tony Martin is adamant he would stay and running the other two in the Supreme.

Don't expect anyone to agree as it's highly unlikely but the Supreme to me means something and the Ballymore is just that other race.

Yes, Slim knows, you know. I remember the UDS-Vautour double from 2015 and the advice that Sir G was the one to be on in the bumper last year. I’m sure Slim advised Fyonagh one year in the bumper too. It pays to follow Slim’s advice; quite literally. I’m on the DD-Sir G double from a few weeks back too.

Last edited:
Same. I also cashed on Fayonagh. Also a horse he put up called Paris To Glory at 16s week before national, in some flat race (dont follow flat)

Also Mount Ida, Sir G, Monkfish.

In short, i dont know Slim, but i owe him a couple of pints. Same for a few posters on here tbh who Ive followed in.

Last edited:
9 runners in the Supreme Novices Hurdle - final Supreme decs are:

�� Constitution Hill
�� Dysart Dynamo
�� Jonbon
�� Kilcruit
�� Mighty Potter
�� Bring On The Night
�� Shallwehaveonemore
�� Silent Revolution
�� Jpr One

#CheltenhamFestival

NH said (after his Sandown win) "Constitution Hill is the most extraordinary creature I've come across in years" and his Tolworth romp will have done little to dispel that feeling.
Only 9 runners, but the long-striding Dysart Dynamo should ensure a proper pace, so I've taken Nicky at his word and done a CH/DD f/c at 7.25 with B365.
Terrific start to the meeting.

The unbelievable thing about Sir Gerhard, Dysart Dynamo Constitution Hill and Jonbon not to mention Kilcruit is it would appear they have all made it to Cheltenham.

At the end of the day if one of the big 3 or 4, if you like, win the Supreme and the others run as well as expected we are in for a treat we won't forget in a very long time.

It is without a doubt the most anticipated Supreme I have ever known.

Last edited:
Back