Supreme Novices Hurdle 15 March 2022

Think of Constitution Hill as Arkle and Dysart Dynamo as Mill House
in the Gold Cup and that's how I think they will finish.....The former having too much toe for the latter.

However Jonbon is the unknown here. One thing he does do is travel extrmely comfortable so the faster
they go the better his chances. He could quite easily prove better than them both if he turns out to be as good as his brother
Looking back at Douvan they are very similar.....we will know shortly''good luck all

How do you follow that?

Well Michael Buckley has the answer.

He says if Honeysuckle wins the Champion Hurdle and goes to Puchestown he will take her on.:blink:

How do you follow that?

Well Michael Buckley has the answer.

He says if Honeysuckle wins the Champion Hurdle and goes to Puchestown he will take her on.:blink:

Hope Henderson talks him out of I am just about old enough to remember what happened to Golden Cygnet - bloody wonderful performance though.

Very cunning riding from Aidan Coleman to light Dysart up like that - looked knackered when it fell.

You have to go back to Altior to find G/S and he clocked 3m 46.00s and Annie powers clocked 3m 45.10s while Constitution Hill has clocked 3m 44.35s

Time was fast ok but how much faster or slower was the ground? I expect we will know a lot more after the Champion Hurdle

Looked tired to me Townend holding on to nothing CH moved out from behind him I suspect Nico worried he was going to run into the back of him.

That was an amazing performance. DD highly unlikely to have beaten that, imo.

I suspect you're right. When I sent out my stuff last night to my brothers and friends I wrote:

Hendo has a huge opinion of Constitution Hill and, given he won this with Shishkin and Altior, you have to think his horse must be good to earn that kind of comparison. Jonbon is also clearly highly rated and therefore respected. However, I was as impressed by Dysart Dynamo (9/2 ante-post taken at the time) last time than as by any novice in memory, including Golden Cygnet and the two Hendo horses. Those two might be 160+ animals, therefore in the Shishkin-Altior ball park, but I think Dysart Dynamo could be pushing 170. If he runs to about 165 and is beaten I’ll gladly celebrate the winner.

I suspect CH has run to at least 165 (he's given Jonbon OR145, what, a 20lbs beating?) but I wasn't entirely convinced by the way DD was going at the point of his departure.

Last edited:
Back