Supreme Novices Hurdle 15 March 2022

Because of Willie Mullins's ability to turn out one good horse after another I think we've all been fooled by thinking Sir Gerhard and Dysart Dynamo were better than they are.

Little doubt in my mind he wanted the Supreme more than he wanted the Ballymore and split them accordingly

On a line through Kilcruit even allowing for 7lbs improvement I am totally convinced Sir Gerhard wouldn't blow wind up the big 2's backsides.

I was quite surprised that Jonbon took on DD like that. Wonder if he had been sacrificed to clear the path for CH? Not that he would have needed any help as it turned out.

Last edited:
Doubt Nicky sent out a horse of that nature as a sacrificial lamb.

He ran to me like a big chasing type.

The race ended up the perfect plan for Constitution Hill. Really hope he stays hurdling now

The way I saw it is the same as Barry Gerhaty saw it when he said Jonbon was travveling best of the three

That was until Nico pulled CH out and said go and it was all over 10 strides after the 2nd last.

I agree with Granger that he looks like a chaser but as for the Arkle? I see him more as a Turners or even a
Browns horse next year

Last edited:
Aye, you’re both probably right. I must say I had my colours nailed to Jonbon’s mast as the next superstar in the making and he still might be so far as chasing is concerned. I couldn’t choose between them for this race so it was a watch job (had a free fiver on each), but I certainly didn’t expect CH to be so dominant. That was a mighty performance and he is some horse with an exciting future.

Last edited:
I just posted that someone said CH had been given 177p from Timeform so I checked and he has been given the highest rating in history for a novice.

That is a complaete nonsense and all they are doing is selling us the idea that the horse is the next coming which he may well be PURE propaganda to sell their service

BUT
Higher than Golden Cygnet who barely came off the bridle to win his Supreme, and then had Night Nurse and Sea Pigeon beaten when disaster struck

He's got a lot to do before we can swallow that pill.......Geezus what would happen if he won the Arkle by 22 lengths would they give him a 214 and kick "Himself" off the top.

Last edited:
I swallow it, certainly a mighty performance and I can’t think of a better one I’ve seen.

I just posted that someone said CH had been given 177p from Timeform so I checked and he has been given the highest rating in history for a novice.

That is a complaete nonsense and all they are doing is selling us the idea that the horse is the next coming which he may well be PURE propaganda to sell their service

BUT
Higher than Golden Cygnet who barely came off the bridle to win his Supreme, and then had Night Nurse and Sea Pigeon beaten when disaster struck

He's got a lot to do before we can swallow that pill.......Geezus what would happen if he won the Arkle by 22 lengths would they give him a 214 and kick "Himself" off the top.

Its actually been amended this morning to 178

Without analysing the times yet, my provisional rating for CH is 171+p.

As I said before the race, I felt DD had that kind of performance in his locker but I wasn't happy with the way he was travelling when he fell but I see the RP race comment says "going easily when fell 3 out".

Still, I also said if DD ran to 165 and was beaten by a better horse I'd gladly accept that, so I will.

I hope he stays over hurdles for next season but I imagine they won't be able to resist going for top 2m chasing glory. There just seems to be more kudos for chasers.

The down side of it all is that Jonbon is coming out with a sub-150 mark (probably more than that with Timeform), which would make him a very moderate winner if you take CH out of the equation. That's not in line with the pre-race hype surrounding him.

Its actually been amended this morning to 178

Yeah why not :lol: That puts him within 2lbs of Istabraq and 1lb of Persian War for winning a novice hurdle:blink: No matter how you crack it they have gone fuckin mad

Our Dessie at 171p is smarter than those clowns

Last edited:
Back