Supreme Novices Hurdle

Great race, i have to say. Thought he had gone too quick which says it all.

For a second turning in I thought the same. Some balls to make all in such a deep race.

Irving was beat very quickly. Paul Nicholls is a strange trainer.

Irving never travelled at all according to jockey. Happens. Maybe left handed an issue?

Liked the winner but surely they will quickly be looking at chasing? From a s distance, looks more that type

This was a tremendous performance. He looks a proper horse and looks like a chaser to me although he hurdles very well; low and flat.

I was grateful for Paddy Power for sucking me in to a much bigger bet than I intended on Vautour at an irresistible 4/1 (with money back if he finished 2nd, 3rd, or 4th!!). Short of him falling down a hole I couldn’t see him out of the first four... This saved the day for me as my other bets on Champagne Fever, as well as my biggest bet of the week, The New One, were beaten and a strong saver on My Tent Or Yours was also denied.

Not much targeted for the remainder of the week, but I’m on Annie Power in the World Hurdle and Bob’s Worth in the Gold Cup. Neither are certainties of course (and are much too short now) but will likely settle my week for good or ill.

I’ve normally got something at double-digits tucked away in reserve, but can’t seem to see too much value out there this year.

Be lucky...

Last edited:
Back