TH Ante Post Competition 2015/2016 FEBRUARY selections

Ma Filleule 250 ew Brown Advisory Plate 16-1 Coral
Bright New Dawn 250 ew Grand Annual 20-1 Sky Bet
Shantou Village £1000 win Albert Bartlett 13-2 Ladbrokes

Rule 6. 6. Only single or each way bets will be accepted; multiple and other types of bet are excluded.

I don't feel we should change rules now, especially when other players have finalised their portfolios and may have wanted to do these type of bets but realised they weren't part of this competition.

Last edited:
Is it not the same as to win any race? Not a problem as only have 2 other bets in portfolio and they won't run so can scrub them if it's a problem just highlighting bets I thought were value as many wouldn't look for these types of bets.

Rule 6. 6. Only single or each way bets will be accepted; multiple and other types of bet are excluded.

I don't feel we should change rules now, especially when other players have finalised their portfolios and may have wanted to do these type of bets but realised they weren't part of this competition.

I kinda agree with Jarv, DG.......the 'Nicholls Not To Train A Winner" just looks like a Win single to me. :cool:

I realise you're one of the sponsors Grassy and the competition is Grey's baby so I've sought his opinion as well, although I see he's more or less approved it above anyway with a thumbs up.

Don't agree though.:whistle:

I think the first bet, Yanworth to win by a given distance, is within the rules, because it is a single/ew bet on a particular race. The "Nicholls not to train a winner" is a different creature because it departs from that principle. It's an accumulator bet rather than a single.

The other difficulty is that these bets are more complicated to settle. Instead of feeding the winner and placed horses and their prices into a spreadsheet, linking them to the entries and automatically generating the returns, these bets would have to be settled by hand. One or two are not much of a problem but the more of them there are the messier it gets.

The 'to win any race' bets can be converted in the spreadsheet into bets on the race the horse is running in when the decs are out, but that can't be done with the Nicholls bet.

Last edited:
I think the first bet, Yanworth to win by a given distance, is within the rules, because it is a single/ew bet on a particular race. The "Nicholls not to train a winner" is a different creature because it departs from that principle. It's an accumulator bet rather than a single.

The other difficulty is that these bets are more complicated to settle. Instead of feeding the winner and placed horses and their prices into a spreadsheet, linking them to the entries and automatically generating the returns, these bets would have to be settled by hand. One or two are not much of a problem but the more of them there are the messier it gets.

The 'to win any race' bets can be converted in the spreadsheet into bets on the race the horse is running in when the decs are out, but that can't be done with the Nicholls bet.

Fair enough, Art. :cool:

peace & co champion hurdle £500 win @ 22/1 stan james

a toi phil Neptune novice hurdle £500 win @ 10/1 lads

gangster albert Bartlett novice hurdle £500 win @ 10/1 b365

josses hill Ryanair chase £500 win @ 14/1 lads

cheers.

Three days to go until all entries close at midnight on Monday and we do the calculations to see who has won the £50 prize for the highest notional portfolio on March 1st.

Don't forget some of you have wagered on more than ten horses and need to decide which horses to cast aside or else the ten most recent will be chosen for you by default.

Players with balances still to use for February

aughex £2000

Bonjers £2000

DanB88 £1500

delboy £2000

Desperate Dan 2000

Digger £1000

fonz £200

Grey £1000

hezz £2000

Ivanthe terrible £2000

marble £2000