TH Ante Post Competition 2017 / 2018

Petit Mouchoir Arkle 500 win 7/2 General
Rhinestone Bumper 500 win 9/1 Betfair
Our Duke Gold Cup 500 ew 9/1 PP

A big thanks to DG and New Approach for their work so far

This season's entries are now complete, below is a summary of wagers as I have recorded them, please notify us if there are any errors. NewApproach will post the official portfolios in a few days along with news of who at 7.30pm on 1st March 2018 has the highest 'notional value' portfolio. This is the total sum one would need to wager, taking the best available odds at 7.30PM on 1st March 2018, to achieve the same potential winnings as the bets in the portfolio. (In simpler terms, bets on horses whose odds shorten during the winter gain value, while bets on drifters lose value).

25q4rat.jpg

2uz40o2.jpg

2jctu08.jpg

29p3fxd.jpg

2i1i2p3.jpg

o5ng2p.jpg

vh6qdu.jpg

rua2k8.jpg

Thanks for all the hard work to-date, guys.

Unfortunately, my real ante-post book bears a lot of resemblance to the one I've selected for the competition!

It was very close at the top but congratulations to Maruco for winning the Notional part of the Ante post competition. Very well done to Anadin too - only ~£8 in it!

Here are the members leader board for the notional part and tables with the totals wagered by race and by horse. The following few posts will have the individual portfolios - these have been adjusted to accommodate where members have 2 horses for the same race/one horse in multiple races and so on - it is only for information (and unlike most of the spreadsheet which is automated, was done manually so likely to have errors) and won't reflect the actual result (i.e. if I have cancelled a bet on Our Duke for the Gold Cup in favour of one on Definitely Red and Our Duke wins then you get the profit from Our Duke), I chose the horses to cancel based on what would yield the best return.

febFinalRaces2018.JPGfebFinalHorses2018.JPGfebFinalPort1.JPGfebFinalPort2.JPGfebFinalPort3.JPG

Congratulations Maruco!

Thanks Faye. I'm usually an also ran in this part of the competition so that's very surprising to see.

Cheers Grassy. When I have a garage full of Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, McLaren's, and Aston's I don't have room for a Morris Minor. :lol:

Well done Paul,a nice position to be in were it for real, I trust Perpetual (Ben) will be in touch regarding the prize.

I don't think any of mine actually make it to the meeting. :(

Well done though, Paul.

Hopefully a good omen for you for the real thing. :)

Last edited:
Paul had 'invested' his competition winnings on Voix Du Reve for the Coral @ 25/1 with any winnings split between this site and the IJF. Top man and we should all cheer it on...

IMG_3659.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3659.JPG
    IMG_3659.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Not been about for a while, so chuffed with coming 2nd in that part.... almost comes to mind.

Well Done Maruco

Quick update after first 2 races - only two scorers - Double J (£1093.75) and chroniclandlord (£3,000).

Day 1 sees Maruco shoot into the lead with £25000 courtesy of Rathvinden

tuesCH13th.JPG

Well done everyone with money on the board

Back