The 2014 World Hurdle

I think BB will hit 4s at sometime,especially if any of the big results have gone to Mullins already.what price Annie if say champagne,faugheen and Ballycasey have gone in?

PN will give instructions to his 4 jockeys in the race to do 'anything' they can -within the rules- to 'undo' Annie power.,of that I have no doubt.

Nicholls described BB as having improved enormously since the Cleeve in the Betfair Preview - he comes out as the best horse in the Cleeve anyway as he was giving the winner 8lb and AFC 4lb-in that sort of mud weight matters .

His OR is 174 but that underrates him considerably on his best runs . He is brilliant on good ground as his Aintree performances show more than anything. AP will need to be every bit as good as the hype and stay all day to beat him if at his best and be as good on that ground as heavy.

I am not saying she will not be - she is a mare of immense potential with a great engine but those who think she is a good thing on form are deluding themselves - on a hunch on impression maybe - form no

Last edited:
Nicholls described BB as having improved enormously since the Cleeve in the Betfair Preview - he comes out as the best horse in the Cleeve anyway as he was giving the winner 8lb and AFC 4lb-in that sort of mud weight matters .

His OR is 174 but that underrates him considerably on his best runs . He is brilliant on good ground as his Aintree performances show more than anything. AP will need to be every bit as good as the hype and stay all day to beat him if at his best and be as good on that ground as heavy.

I am not saying she will not be - she is a mare of immense potential with a great engine but those who think she is a good thing on form are deluding themselves - on a hunch on impression maybe - form no

You have your head in the sand if you think AP is still just "potential", Ardross. She can be rated in the early-to-mid 160's already (even that might be a bit parsimonious) and is both proven top-class, and potentially still progressive.

Taking her allowance into account, there's no real reason - save perhaps for the well-documented stamina question - to think she won't knock the door of a 170-rating. As I said previously, Big Buck's will need to be near his peak, to take her down. His 174 is a perfectly fair reflection of previous merit, in my view, as it's not too hard to poke holes in his form if you scratch about a bit (the names Punchestowns, Time For Rupert, Grands Crus and Voler La Vedette seeing to that).

If she stays, she'll serve it up to him - I've no doubts on that score - and it would be a mighty performance for an 11yo were he to prevail.

Last edited:
No doubt it will take a mighty performance from BB to give AP 7lb but picking holes in his form because horses he beat haven't done much since is off the mark IMO. BB has broken horses in the past as has been said many times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt it will take a mighty performance from BB to give AP 7lb but picking holes in his form because horses he beat haven't done much since is off the mark IMO. BB has broken horses in the past as has been said many times

I think there's a degree of truth in that, viking.........but they put a celing on what BB has acheived in form terms, and therefore the gap that AP is required to bridge.

Last edited:
I disagree - she has not won an all aged Grade 1 as far as I am concerned that means she is a horse of great potential especially as I do not think Zarkandar's Cheltenham run is reliable at all . She is 165 on very soft and heavy - is she as good on good ground ?

Last edited:
what about the potential of more of that ? already rated just 5lb inferior to annie power after just 4 starts, and probably will improve for the trip if anything. there now seems a slight doubt to his running this week, but if he does he is surely an e/w to nothing at 10s. i bet there is not much between salubrious and zarkandar this season and he goes on the ground. he'll do me.

More of That sounds like he might be a doubtful runner . Undoubtedly, a very talented horse though he cantered all over Salubrious and Glen's Melody.

aye appears so. there could be an ' anzum ' like result in this. i dont fancy any of the others. annie power would be a bet at 4s or 7/2 but not at current odds. i think i will leave alone this race.

she has been declared with a jock though. townend.

obviously don't expect her to run. just strange.

Corals will go 9/2 BB from 8:15
£20 max

C'mon old boy!!

Last edited:
don't think we'll need a special to get 9/2 on him tommorrow, if AP gets hammered in.

be fantastic if the old boy gets backed and manages to do it though. would be one of the great cheltenham stories.

Back