The 2015 Punchestown Festival

Diamond Geezer

Gone But Not Forgotten
Rock On Ruby, Saphir Du Rheu, Zarkandar, Jetson and Jezki feature among entries for Punchestown's World Series Hurdle

Hurricane Fly, Faugheen, Jezki, Arctic Fire, Annie Power and Nichols Canyon have been entered in the Champion Hurdle at Punchestown

Arkle winner Un De Sceaux could face Aintree winners Clarcam and Sizing Granite in Punchestown's Ryanair Novice Chase

Last edited:
P1_zps5wmicrvn.jpg

Looks like Mullins is going to let Faugheen, The Fly and Arctic Fire all line up.

Watering has commenced on the hurdle and chase tracks at Punchestown due to the settled forecast. The ground is currently yielding.

Watering has commenced on the hurdle and chase tracks at Punchestown due to the settled forecast. The ground is currently yielding.

If the forecast is accurate they should be able to get perfect ground. They always do a good job of protecting the track during the Winter (much better than Cheltenham) - should be fair to all horses as long as we don't get a deluge just before racing.

ATR Punchestown Preview night : Guest :Nicky Henderson , Willie Mullins, Byran Cooper , Mick Fitzgerald.

Mullins on the champion chase : "we're coming around to letting Vautour take his chance in the race."
"to me, from what I've seen on the racetrack, he can go any trip he likes. He's as good a racehorse as I've had."

Interesting. I wonder what Wylie makes of that - Felix Yonger could get his perfect conditions.

My thoughts exactly. Looks a great chance for Felix to add Grade 1 Winner to his cv.

Objectively, i think it would be great to see Vautour make the step up, but I couldn't imagine Wylie being too happy.

Willie is a master at diplomacy and keeping horses away from each other. But in this case I think he could be upsetting the apple cart when it would be easier to pitch Vautour and Don Poli against each other and say 'I'm keeping both in novice company'.

Back