The 2015 Punchestown Festival

It was indeed a great race. I think 3 miles is just beyond the Fly.

We've had great entertainment so far this week.

It was indeed a great race. I think 3 miles is just beyond the Fly.

We've had great entertainment so far this week.

trip looked ok to me..was closing at the end,,his hurdling isn't what it was..which is to be expected

he has had a long campaign for an old lad..a decent race anyway

Closing at the end is his trade mark, over 2 miles he's been closing on and beating Jezki every time, but over this longer trip I think he's not able to summon up the same level of finish.

could be making a lot of assumptions on just one run Grey..when you think how often CF has been run at the wrong trip and still people still keep backing him after its as plain as nose on face he isn't a G1 2 mile chaser its quite hard being so definite after that one run about HF

the 3 mile division is pretty weak usually as well..look at the 3rd horse tonight..146 rated animal

Nice to see Jezki get his head in front. Has done well to see it out as he was free enough.

A great race. Delighted for Jezki and Mark Walsh.
Now an eight time Grade 1 winner he is one of the greats.

He's a cracking horse. no doubt - but he'd have a better record still if they ensured a proper pace for him. Again today his jockey reported the horse had 'tanked' for a good half of the race.
The closest he got to The Fly in other Irish gd1's this season was when his owner's Plinth set a half decent pace for him; he'd no chance the way Ruby rode them all to sleep at Cheltenham, and nearly came unstuck at Aintree because they sauntered round the first circuit. Plenty more gd1's to come from him too, if they can just address that aspect.

Followmeuptocarlow is worth a bet each way in 4:20. The horse has a solid record in handicap chases, which reads 4234, and he was a good fourth at this meeting last year behing some class horses which included Road To Riches. They have freshened him up after one bad run over hurdles with a 70 day break and so he will do for me at 25-1. Good each value if such a thing still exists imo!

Last edited:
Back