The 2021 Punchestown Festival Tues April 27th - Sat May 1st

Punchestown would be better if they cut it to a 4 day meeting

Just looked at Tuesday's decs, 2 good races out of 8 just doesn't do it for me

Too many dross races
The worst days racing (Saturday) got 37k people a couple of years ago so I don't see it changing soon

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Wed

Seven in the Gold Cup: Al Boum Photo, Clan des Obeaux, Easy Game, Fakir d’Oudairies, Kemboy, Melon and Minella Indo.

Sir Gerhard & Kilcruit among the eight declared in the G1 bumper.

Eight also in the G1 novice hurdle including Vanillier,Telmesomethinggirl and Galopin des Champs.

Chacun v Allaho also

Sorry Truncheon but if only 2 races on Tuesday are of interest to you, you need to look a bit deeper

More than two races of interest, for sure, but are they betting material?

I've never really looked at the meeting before but is the bumper always full of unraced 4yos? is there any history of it producing big performances from those beyond the obvious candidates?

Are they all just social runners?

I've never really looked at the meeting before but is the bumper always full of unraced 4yos? is there any history of it producing big performances from those beyond the obvious candidates?

It's a sales bumper (restricted to horses bought at the Goffs Land Rover Sale) and would have been a potential target since they were bought last summer.

There are several other bumpers through the week including the Champion Bumper on Wednesday.

I don't know what you can mean, tiggers. Are there even ten bumpers there during the week?

I don't know what you can mean, tiggers. Are there even ten bumpers there during the week?

Think there are 7 bumpers over 5 days, so yes that's way too many for a top festival surely?

Maybe Championship bumper
Mares Bumper
Goffs Bumper

Even that's too many IMO, after all it is a National Hunt Festival.

Think there are 7 bumpers over 5 days, so yes that's way too many for a top festival surely?

Maybe Championship bumper
Mares Bumper
Goffs Bumper

Even that's too many IMO, after all it is a National Hunt Festival.

2 banks races and a Hunter chase too.

Last edited:
Magic Tricks probably is a worthy favorite in the handicap hurdle at 4.50 tomorrow. However, it's a wide open handicap hurdle and CALL ME LYREEN is appealing having won three novice hurdles on the bounce last year, then probably needing the run last day. He races off a mark of 135 here but could prove to be ahead of that, on what his first start in handicap company. Jack Kennedy booked to ride..16/1 a nice enough price to play at.

Last edited:

I like racing and seeing good horse go at it

Punchestown sets out to be a high quality end of season meeting for the winter horses. But it also caters for horses that are at the start of their season, and even their careers. It's not trying to be a replay of Cheltenham.

Punchestown sets out to be a high quality end of season meeting for the winter horses. But it also caters for horses that are at the start of their season, and even their careers. It's not trying to be a replay of Cheltenham.
Exactly, and given that there are 8 races most days, it's not as if there are races being omitted because of the bumpers.

So Minella Indo isn’t running (bruised foot).I was only thinking today how much the GC takes out of it’s winners and wondering what sort of race he might run so it might be for the best.

The Dublin Racing Festival is more like the festival people are expecting. The Kildare Hunts only hunter chase at punchestown is about as low grade a race you'll see on a Grade 1 track every year.

I’m just gonna sit back and enjoy the racing with my money locked up tight. Given that it’s the fag-end of the season I suspect there’ll be some unexpected results.

Presenting Percay wasn't fav he never won again Monalee was fav I believe. Might Bite was fav but flopped......Bob's Worth went off fav and won Denman was 2nd fav behind Kauto an won....all the others since 2000 were beaten ......it seems you want to back a Gold Cup loser Ante Post just back the RSA winner..very few head the betting for that reason. But what price todays winner if he destroys the other? Guaranteed to be a short priced fav especially if the Mullins Giant wins, him being the most likely to be suited by the Gold Cup trip 2/1-5/2 at best I reckon......that is what make this such a fascinating clash in my book

Nube Negra just ******* wins..

Chacun Pour Soi ran like a horse who had enough for the time being at Cheltenham.......guaranteed he's been roughed off and left in the paddock for a fortnight and brought back fresh as a daisy. Take him out of the equation and the qmcc form is at least suspect.....Nube Negra is one dodgy bet IMO..g/l all the same

Back