The 2022 'Should be odds-on' Thread

I've copied this from the DRF thread.

It's maybe a bit ambitious but you'll understand why if you read on...

The 3m handicap hurdle on Saturday grabs my attention. I'm pretty sure this is the one in which I put up Maze Runner in the Longshot thread last year but I've still to weigh up how that one sits relative to this year's field.

I have gone in quite heavily on Enjoy D'allen at 12/1 though. I've spent so much of today going through all the Saturday meetings I've only just got on to this race and felt compelled to get this one on.

I was really hoping it would be a Longshot thread qualifier but it's blue across the board and 12s is the best price. It looks like 28/1 was available earlier today so someone has done well to get that price.

Anyway, I have it as a high-150s chaser getting into this race off 116, which puts it in the same ball-park proposition as Total Recall after he won the Hennessy a couple of years back before sauntering home in a decent handicap hurdle - it might even have been this very race - off a ridiculously low mark at something like 5/6f.

Last edited:
Dont think it should be odds on though D.

I totally get why anyone would say that. It's a big-field valuable handicap chock-full of plots and triers but so was the renewal won by Total Recall. He went off odds-on - I think he started the day at 7/2 - and won like an odds-on shot.

This one could be the same.

Would I back him at 6/4? Probably not, though.

By the way, the 12/1 I got was cut to 8s between my getting on and making my post!

Last edited:
About 120 quid was traded on Enjoy D'allen in the last few hours at 12/1 and higher and he's still 12.5 to back but for the grand total of 22 pounds.
It may not be a lot but compared to the others he seems one of the most fancied early doors in the race along with Mark Walsh's mount.

Leopardstown 12.45
Party Central

If you can't see it don't bother replying, I don't care.

Party Central 5/2 Bet 365 will do for me.....someone had a bit on at 3/1 on Betfair which has now gone at a guess might be someone we know:lol:

3/6 so far.

Should be 3/5 but I arsed it up with Enjoy D'allen. Like the enthusiastic teenager getting into the first team and taking a potshot from 40 yards only to land it in Row Z.

Exeter 4.00 - Snow Leopardess - top-rated and on the upgrade, probably needs to win well to go up 2/3lbs to secure her place in the Grand National field ahead of the publication of the weights on Tuesday. 7/4 here looks very generous.

Exeter 4.00 - Snow Leopardess - top-rated and on the upgrade, probably needs to win well to go up 2/3lbs to secure her place in the Grand National field ahead of the publication of the weights on Tuesday. 7/4 here looks very generous.

7/4 into 6/5 and does the job. textbook.

Hosed up. Well called

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be a good thread provided you tell those not good enough to get off your ******* thread.

The Flyer Begley at Ayr tomorrow. Opens at 7/4. Should be opening 4/6 with Sam Ewing claiming 3lbs.

Withdrawn recently on account of heavy ground. Heavy again tomorrow. Enough to make me want to hold off but hope it wins.

The Flyer Begley at Ayr tomorrow. Opens at 7/4. Should be opening 4/6 with Sam Ewing claiming 3lbs.

Are you sure he can claim 3lbs? We had a recent mistake on a UK racecard with Sean O'Keefe in the Henessey.

He hung badly left handed last time as well. Would be a more comfortable watch if he was going right handed.

Last edited:
Back