The 2023 'Should be odds-on' thread

Desert Orchid

Senior Jockey
Another new thread for the new year.

Trefflich has been carrying the outgoing year's thread and I'd be shocked if it didn't show a healthy profit.

This is arguably a more serious thread than the longshot one, for obvious reasons, and I'm as guilty as anyone of taking it too lightly at times.

I think the thread had a pretty decent strike rate this outgoing calendar year and I hope we can improve on it this time round.

Good luck all.

I wasn't expecting a candidate on day one but I much prefer Thunder Rock (Chel 1.20) 13/8 to the shorter-priced favourite (Monmiral) and will be disappointed if it doesn't win easily.

Mirella Indo -2:15 Tramore.My analysis is that Henry will want to win this in front of a home crowd.

Some winners are just more important than money. Racing TV had dedicated Irish coverage on their YouTube channel and Henry was loving it in the winners enclosure -I can't believe I was sat at home less than 7miles away when all this was going on.

When I looked at the Go North One Man Chase at Ayr I thiugh what bunch uf useless chasers have turned out Bar Rocco Storm

He was 11/8 and I thought should be 8/11 but for some reason he has drifted to 11/4.

The money has come for for Bloomfields Kan who was 8/1 on the exchange.

His form;- 8/8 beaten 20 lengths...Hung like a gate tailed off and PU...stopping like shot when sprawled on landing beaten 16 lengths.

He did manage a good 2nd at Ayr back in Feb 22 but he failed to beat a horse who was rated the same as Rocco who is younger and on the upgrade.

Too many ifs and buts to take the money seriously and I still theink Rocco should be odds on

When I looked at the Go North One Man Chase at Ayr I thiugh what bunch uf useless chasers have turned out Bar Rocco Storm

He was 11/8 and I thought should be 8/11 but for some reason he has drifted to 11/4.

His form;- 8/8 beaten 20 lengths...Hung like a gate tailed off and PU...stopping like shot when sprawled on landing beaten 16 lengths.

He did manage a good 2nd at Ayr back in Feb 22 but he failed to beat a horse who was rated the same as Rocco who is younger and on the upgrade.

Too many ifs and buts to take the money seriously and I still theink Rocco should be odds on

Superb Tan

Excellent, Tanlic :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't usualy listen to tips but some I do trust

A good source told me they think Dragonfruit has improved a stone since his last outing
and expect him to win doing handstands

I took all the 7/2 to 11/4 I could get on the machine and he's now holding up well according to Oddschecker @2/1

Dragonfruit 5***** Bet

Last edited:
Back