The 2023 'Should be odds-on' thread

Well some very kind punter put him up at 1.99 on the machine: he's now 1.67 :D

All this nonsense saying he wouldn't have won at Carlisle. If you think that I would never get involved in betting in running if I were you:lol:

Steve Mulqueen just let out an inch of reign if you look closely and he gained a 1/4 of a length instantly at he right time and had he jumped that fence it was race over IMVHO.

I expect he will be favourite for the Browns Advisory after he hacks up today.

Lack of fences spoiled the show a bit.

Giving 20lbs and easily disposing of a horse who won 4 of his last 5 races in that ground is no mean feat.

Onwards and upward Lucinda has a good one in Giovinco

If ever a horse should be odds on it's El Cordobes who cost a staggering 2 million.

Howver even money is available and he hasn't even attracted 1k in bets on the machine so far.

he may well win I hope so for that money but they may well have bought a manure making machine rather than a high class racehorse.

The year-older full brother took four goes to get off the mark and is only rated 82.

No idea what that one cost but the likes of Godolphin can afford the gamble.

Wed
Coachello 7.30 K
5/2 In places

Interesting; I think Baldomero could be a danger. Would be great if you could post some brief reasoning behind your tips to help people learn; may also be the case that others will then spot ones that fit your criteria that you may have missed.

Coachello is progressive,has a good record on synthetics (1312411) 5lb penalty for win 4 days ago but didn't have a hard race so should be ok today.
Takes a grip so stall 2's a plus and can win from the rear if given a lead.
Baldomero's a horse I like but can also take a grip and has a visor added today, probably to settle him, but suspect C will outclass him, anyway.

Coachello is progressive,has a good record on synthetics (1312411) 5lb penalty for win 4 days ago but didn't have a hard race so should be ok today.
Takes a grip so stall 2's a plus and can win from the rear if given a lead.
Baldomero's a horse I like but can also take a grip and has a visor added today, probably to settle him, but suspect C will outclass him, anyway.

Thanks.

My take is that 6F round a bend may be a bit sharper than optimum for Coachello but will be perfect for Baldomero who wasn't beaten that far over a not ideal 7F off just a 4 day break at Lingfield and rightly or wrongly I always dock at least 2 lbs for a short turnaround unless the horse was completely unextended in it's prior run.

Not sure how to feel about the visor but the 10lb swing, better trip and reversal of who is quickly backing up sways me to Baldomero who is a decent price.

Back