The 2023 'Should be odds-on' thread

Guess he left his race in the gallops.............

If you look back, they pulled him out of a race due to unsuitable ground (marked up as soft, but I had a look back, and it looked heavy that day to me). The only race he's won on heavy is a 2-mile chase some time ago. And history suggests most good runs have been when ridden prominently.

The ground today could be a valid excuse, as could the fact he couldn't get close enough to the leaders early enough. Maybe the two combined. In this race, it was always likely that Well Above Par would be front rank, though I didn't count on Fortified Bay doing it.

Could well be worth another try with Dragonfruit on better ground.

This one is odds on, but still should be shorter WAR IN HEAVEN. 8.15 Wolverhampton. Buried a better horse last time than any of these. 1.87 is free money, shOuld be 1/3 on.

8.30 Kempton Yagan 13/8 blinkers will work the oracle...hopefully not getting out stakes at that late stage

Surely the Mighty Potter is a steal at evens I really wasn't excpecting much better than 1/2.....looks like a walk in the park for this very tallented horse

Honeysuckle a dual Champion Hurdle winner who won 16 races on the trot and lost only once whenHDB's horses wern't setting the world on fire is available at around 5/2.

State Man may be unbeaten but his win over Sharjah who is not the force she was doesn't even come close to what Honeysuckle is capable of.

Vauban could very well reverse placing with State Man it will certainly be closer than last time but I make Honeysuckle a 4/5 shot to beat them both.

Last edited:
Fair play to State Man but Honeysuckle beat Pied Piper only a length would indicate it's time she went to the sheds.........even 1 more in the Mares is doubtful now.

I normally would stear clear of a horse 0 for 25 but I doubt if there is ever going to be a better oppotunity for Jean Genie than today.

A truly despercate affair Jean Genie 7/4 should be 4/7 despite his obvious shortcomings

Last edited:
Back