The 2023 'Should be odds-on' thread

Nunthorpe - Highfield Princess 6/4 - she's taken time to come to herself this season but looked on the way back when hosing up last time. Her best is three lengths better than anything else in this race and if she can improve again now that she's hit form...

Saturday, York 1.50 - Nostrum - 6/5. I can't see that lasting and the double with Highfield Princess (13/8) now pays almost 5/1. I'm on.

As well as an Equilateral/Free Wind ew double I had a Free Wind/Nostrum win double as well. Nostrum was 3/1 when the bet was struck. The Paaaainnnnnn

It was a passive ride, the opposite of his Juddmonte winning one. Both Free Wind and Bluestocking missed the start slightly but whereas Frankie just took his medicine Rossa Ryan bussled Bluestocking up to be in a decent position. Watch that race again and imagine Free Wind in Bluestocking's race position and she wins the race. Frustrating obviously but that's Group 1 racing for you. Small margins.

Nunthorpe - Highfield Princess 6/4 - she's taken time to come to herself this season but looked on the way back when hosing up last time. Her best is three lengths better than anything else in this race and if she can improve again now that she's hit form...

(Check the longshot thread for possible placings.)

I've just had my biggest bet since my operation on Highfield Princess at 2.94 on bet fair.I see her starting at 11/10 but layers lovelayi g especially in big field Group 1 races.
Two minutes after bet was placed its now 2/1 on the machine.

Nice one. Absolutely ideal York horse in that he likes to chase an excessive pace maybe. Marie's Diamond in May and Paradias today.

I've just had my biggest bet since my operation on Highfield Princess at 2.94 on bet fair.I see her starting at 11/10 but layers lovelayi g especially in big field Group 1 races.
Two minutes after bet was placed its now 2/1 on the machine.

Beaten by Batman.

Hoping to avoid another Nostrum...

Saturday, Leo 4.30 - Adelaide River 7/4 - I'm scratching my head about this price, wondering why it isn't 4/7. Its form last time out in the GPdP is miles in front of anything the rest of this field have achieved and he gets 3lbs to boot. It looks like a brilliant bit of placing for a nice bit of money and I'll be very surprised if 'the lads' don't smash the bookies. I've backed it like a 4/7 shot.

Saturday, Leo 4.30 - Adelaide River 7/4 - I'm scratching my head about this price, wondering why it isn't 4/7. Its form last time out in the GPdP is miles in front of anything the rest of this field have achieved and he gets 3lbs to boot. It looks like a brilliant bit of placing for a nice bit of money and I'll be very surprised if 'the lads' don't smash the bookies. I've backed it like a 4/7 shot.

Every post a winning one.

Covered everything on the day with plenty to spare.

Back