The Champion Chase 2010

Anyone know what Mahogany's new official mark is? Should be out today.

Interesting NTD thinks the blinkers much-improved him. They didn't the previous 3 times he wore them. I think the muddling nature of the race 'improved' him.

The OR showing against the race on the RP site is 150 (down from 151). Presumably that hasn't been updated? (I can't get into the full site from the machine I'm using though).

I reckon you need to be more than 10lbs well in to win a modern Grand Annual.

Are you suggesting connections have their horse a stone or more well in for the Grand Annual? I always put the improvement down to the horses enjoying the festival atmosphere.

I thought he was hanging to the right a fair bit. Were he mine, I would do a full nuclear body scan (very expensive but lets face it the horse is worth it) and xrays to see if there are any "hot-spots" anywhere on his body.

Glad to see hes been reading this!

Are you suggesting connections have their horse a stone or more well in for the Grand Annual? I always put the improvement down to the horses enjoying the festival atmosphere.

I reckon winners of the race have anything upwards of 12lbs in hand of their OR. Connections will probably know this in advance although the horse might not have shown it in public beforehand. Often they hit the Grand Annual on an improvement curve. That's the type I prefer for the race.

Yes, I'm sure Paul Nicholls reads this forum first thing every morning to take note of what the army of higher achievers on here say he should do with his horses. I'm sure he'd never have managed to win a championship without such amazing expertise otherwise :whistle:

Yes, I'm sure Paul Nicholls reads this forum first thing every morning to take note of what the army of higher achievers on here say he should do with his horses. I'm sure he'd never have managed to win a championship without such amazing expertise otherwise :whistle:

:lol: he could do a lot worse... he keeps it quiet though.

After a text from a mate today, I have taken the 3/1 on Betfair this evening on MM for the CC :ninja:

Master Minded suffered stress fracture of rib

By Ben Newton11.00PM 27 NOV 2009
DUAL Champion Chase winner Master Minded has suffered a stress fracture of the tenth rib, champion trainer Paul Nicholls revealed to the RacingPost on Friday night.

However, Nicholls expressed his delight and relief at the discovery of what appeared to be ailing Master Minded on his return to action in the Connaught Chase at Cheltenham on November 15, when he finished third to Well Chief and Mahogany Blaze.

In his weekly Saturday column for the newspaper, Nicholls wrote: "I heard back from Rossdales, the vets in Newmarket, where Master Minded had a bone scan on Thursday under the direction of Marcus Head. They have diagnosed a stress fracture of the tenth rib."

Nicholls adds: "It's such a relief to have got to the bottom of the problem.He will now spend the next month on the walker and come back into training at the start of January, when we'll aim to get him ready for the Game Spirit at Newbury."

Tingle Creek Entries -

Barker
Big Zeb
Crack Away Jack
Fix The Rib
Forpadytheplasterer
Free World
Mahogany Blaze
Newmill
Petit Robin
Tidal Bay
Twist Magic
Well Chief

Fix The Rib could be a site to behold over the railways. A bit to find on ratings but reliable, a sound jumper and definitely on an upward curve which will count for plenty against most of that lot.

I love Fix The Rib to bits, and he will look great winging the fences down the back straight. If Barker stayed at home, I might fancy him a little bit, at what are sure to be fairly generous odds. He could get a few of these in trouble with his jumping, and he's weighted right up there with the likes of Forpady etc nowadays, but is much less 'public'.

Is anyone betting on this race as yet?

Snap? You read it then copied!

Pappy Power and Stan James had odds this morning so hopefully they'll go back up with some now the 5-day decs are known.

Back