The Champion Chase 2010

I just think he has the toughest of the opponents of the short priced horses. If you told me after the race that either Big Zeb, Kalahari or For Paddy had won the Queen Mother in a photo finish with MM, I wouldn't be shocked. I'd be surprised if Dunguib or Big Bucks lost and Kauto can only really be beaten by one horse or himself. It's the number of decent horses against him that suggests to me that if there is a chink (and there have been before) then one of them will expose it. I'm not sure which one though. Big Zeb has proven form against him, Kalahari is the improver, For Paddy will love conditions if he's right. MM could bolt up but I'd prefer to take odds on about Dunguib that odds against on MM.

I'd agree with 99% of what you've written Cantoris. I just can't have Big Zeb at all though. Too many doubts over his jumping- I could never back him.. Much 'n all as I'd love to see him win it for Ireland.

I agree Pricewise. Big Zeb's jumping will be put under severe pressure in the pace of the Champion Chase. Master Minded will have too much class for him on the ground.

I just can't have Big Zeb at all though. Too many doubts over his jumping- I could never back him.. Much 'n all as I'd love to see him win it for Ireland.

It's a game of opinions.....which is what makes for debate. I was worried last year about his jumping but not so much this year. He hasn't fallen yet this season, which is a huge step forward. The only time he jumped poorly was at Sandown when he was wrong before he even put a hoof on the track, and those railway fences come up fast. He's been good otherwise which is a step forward from last season. I think he's a bit of a Kauto Star, getting used to jumping the older he gets. Who would have thought Kauto had such a poor record of completing in his early years. He's foot perfect now and that's an asset!

PS Anyone of them could fall so it's not as if I'm saying Zeb won't fall, just he's jumping better now

Big Zeb's going to turn out to be a Central House. He isn't good enough to win a championship race imho.

I was at Newbury the last day MM ran and there was plenty left to work on and plenty left in the tank and he mullered the field. Convinced me he's back and he will go in a few accumulators for me.

Agree with your point about MM - he is the best 4/5 shot I have ever seen.

For Cantoris - even i would say Big Zeb is better than Central House! :D

I genuinely believe a fit and well Master Minded, ridden to its extent, would hit a higher rating than Kauto Star at the top of its game. That's what I think of Master Minded - this one is the best since Arkle.

I think Master Minded at his best will win - but I am far from convinced it will be by a 2007 Champion Chase margin. Some proper horses up against him now particularly Kalahari King.

Master Minded's first Champion Chase were exactly the sort of conditions to see him to an absolute maximum. Kauto Star's King George win looks better to me.

I think Master Minded in his first Champion Chase put a performance as good as any Kautos race if not better.

For Cantoris - even i would say Big Zeb is better than Central House! :D

Something we agree on......never thought I'd see the day :)

Ah I just want Zeb to win to prove to Hamm that he shouldn't have gone to Sandown :D

I think Master Minded in his first Champion Chase put a performance as good as any Kautos race if not better.

Yep, beating VPU 19L hard-held is better form than beating Nacarat 40L hard-held.

In a parallel universe, perhaps.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen TDK online anywhere for a while. He was presumably carted off to the loony-bin, shortly after suggesting Corals go Evens about MM? :D

Yep, beating VPU 19L hard-held is better form than beating Nacarat 40L hard-held

I never understand points like this

The distance was so great and the win so straightforward thats its impossible to say whether one performance was better than the other

Am sure the Evs about MM is to encourage punters in with some short priced multiples across Dunguib, Big Bucks and Kauto Star - all of which they are short on. Interesting to hear of any big single bets taken.

Yep, beating VPU 19L hard-held is better form than beating Nacarat 40L hard-held.

Take VPU and Nacarat out of those races and the rest of the form stacks up just the same. MM's first CC was simply astonishing, so much so that I kept a question mark beside the rating for long enough. He's a better horse now if his last run is anything to go by.

Back