The Champion Hurdle 2010

I don't think that has anything to do with it - he has been rated the best 2 miler hurdler, and that will not be affected by whether he stays an extra half mile or now.

I wouldn't be backing him at odds on.

I imagine Big Buck's will be running in the 3 miler especially as it is a Grade 1 but I would love to see how he would get on in the 2m 4f race.

Would be a hell of a race that. Binocular stepping up, Big Bucks stepping down and one or two proven 2m4f horses like Solwhit and Zaynar having a go.

Solwhit doesn't run unfortunately.

Agree, it would be a good race and would be nice for Stewart to re-direct Big Buck's there - more to gain from having a go there you would imagine.

His reputation - he has beaten the 3 milers so well, he could arguably enhance his reputation even more by running creditably against the speedier horses.

I’m glad to be able to bring you some positive news on Hurricane Fly, who has responded well to the treatment for his injury. He looks good and strong, is back on the gallop and we’ll have a go at getting him ready for the Punchestown Festival now.

His injury is fine, but whether we have enough time to get him to Punchestown is another thing. That will be a big ask.

He has done lots of prep work, but it won’t be until I get the first few bits of fast work into him – which will be quite late in the day – that we know exactly what chance we have of getting him there. I’m happy that he is ready to be cantering away anyway, and Punchestown is a track that he loves, so it would be great to get him there.

Yes, but he's already won that and a host of 3 mile hurdle Graded races - it's worth the risk, imho.

Back