The Champion Hurdle 2010

Interesting Ruby was saying they won't go on with Celestial Halo. In first time blinkers, he may have no choice. Surprising they are using headgear if they aren't going to make plenty use of him.

I think Ruby will try and make his own even pace and kick for home early.

Getting sweeter on Go Native - ground has come right and the changing of the position of the final hurdle could be pretty significant to his chances.

Of last year's trio I think Punjabi is most likely to run his race and I will have a few quid to place on the two outsiders Won In The Dark and even Raise Your Heart both of whom should enjoy the ground and how the race is run.

Solwhit would have been right up there for me but the stable form is a real worry.

Just think Punjabi has the most solid look to him at current prices.

Confidence sky high with Go Native btw; punting considerations apart, would really love to see the yard get the bonus.

changing of the position of the final hurdle could be pretty significant to his chances.

I wouldn't overestimate that. It could just as easily be said that could happily jump the last in 3rd or 4th if the hurdle was left in its old position and time his challenge to hit the front 5 strides out. Now you'd be brave to have a horse under you and not land in front at the last, which, judging by kempton, could be a tad early. Carberry is likely to take the brave route, so he'll want to jump the last well.

This is why I have hated Zaynar's campaign this season - I have absolutely no idea what to expect from him given his trainers insistance that the horse runs in mickey mouse staying races for much of the season.

Back