The Cheltenham Going

Somewhat uncharacteristically the Claissemeister has actually declared accurately I believe

Tuesday = -2.85
Wednesday = -2.99
Thursday -2.59

However, Chaperturgeon ran a time that worked out -0.01 which is good ground, Something Wells managed -0.49 too.

Staying hrudles are always a bit slower and both of those times indicate good to soft. Chaperturgeon also beat Imperial Commander by 1.90 secs over C&D which makes me think that the Ryanair wasn't quite truly run, and therefore the time was concealing faster ground even though it too pointed to G/S. There's some evidence on the chase course that's pointing to good ground now, and I'd be slightly loathed to dismiss the possibility of similar on the hurdles course based on 2 staying events.

I'm prepared to say punt in the expectation of 'good' today base don yesterdays times, the weather forecast, and what experience tells me Chelters dries out at. I'd expect to see a figure between +0.25 and -0.50, which is pretty well 'good'

The grass bits I walked on yesterday seemed quite a bit firmer than on Tuesday, for what that's worth! The 'surface' has certainly dried out a bit

I find it amusing that everyone is patting Claisse on the back for the ground he produced...the first time in years. The ground was in good condition because they guy didn't have to get involved in watering thankfully the elements took over.

I find it amusing that everyone is patting Claisse on the back for the ground he produced...the first time in years. The ground was in good condition because they guy didn't have to get involved in watering thankfully the elements took over.

Very true and well put, Galileo!

Back