The Christmas funds booster thread

Of the dark ones at the meetings you wouldn't normally watch, I think Chivers will win the novice chase at Fontwell for the Moore's. Think they thought he would win at Plumpton last week and bumped into one on form. Wouldn't surprise that this is compensation. Not going to make millions off him.

Have thistlecrack at 12s but hoped the field would have cut up more. Think it will be no holds barred.

Big Chief Benny in the 3.40. Purely based on the fact I think horse had an absolute tonne in hand on its last run, just wasn't pushed. I think I posted that in the non triers thread. See how right I am.

22/1 for four places with 365 is worth finding out.

I've r/fc it with 'The Sweeny' just in case. I'm no professional punter, and base my horses purely on what I see. There are far better judges than me, so no one plough money in on my word. Purely stating my opinion.

Best of luck and Merry Christmas to you, DJ. I am optimistic about The Sweeney each way, but nothing more than that. It is an open handicap so most of them could win on a going day. Hopefully Forest Bihan is declared for Thursday at Wetherby tomorrow morning. He is a different proposition as I am more expectant with a clear round of jumping he will go close.

Last edited:
Big Chief Benny in the 3.40. Purely based on the fact I think horse had an absolute tonne in hand on its last run, just wasn't pushed. I think I posted that in the non triers thread. See how right I am.

I've just watched that race again, DJ, imagining I'd a heavy bet on BCB. You're absolutely right in that he wasn't asked the remotest question at any stage and the stewards really should have had Hutchinson in for a chat. However, he was beaten a very very long way and I can't bring myself to believe he could have won had more effort been made. He probably wasn't fit on his first run for over a season so much will depend on how much fitter he might be now and whether this is a serious target.

Big chief benny.
Just watched the race and agree with DO.
Ive put it in my alerts though.wayne hutchins9n goes to huntingdon.
Maybe the race at doncaster at the end of jan which he won in 2016 could be a target.

Nicky Richards runs 2 in the Rowland Merrick

None will strip fitter than Taking Risk 10st 9lbs less Danny Boy's 7lb claim

Will take some beating

Ran a strange old race last time that one Tanlic but he's one I had on my radar. Also liked Alyson Monterg and Lake view lad in the same race though so thats a tough one.

Was going to stick Midnight Midge in the long shot thread but his price has crumbled to around 16/1 at best. Wouldn't have the most obvious claims to taking down the first race at Wincanton but a big drop back in trip off what looks a viable mark and with a claimer deployed once more. Lto very keen taking a strong pull most the way over 2m5f made a eye catching sweeping move around the final turn only not to get home and finisih well beaten. Might be capable of better over 2m here. I don't normally like to put one up after the price has been nibbled was 25's but at 16's he's probably still a borderline play for the desperate.

Certainly a stronger play a couple of races later on the same card is Paddle your own Canoe 12/1 with some Mickey mouse outfits but generally available at 11's. I did a write up for him when he was well beaten behind Champ lto. The slow pace wouldn't of suited there and the soft ground may have also been a factor in him seemingly not getting home. I'm prepared to give him another shot over this trip back on better ground with a 10lb claimer in the the saddle. Also should be assured of a decent clip with the likes of William Henry in here which will also suit. I'd be dissapointed if this one doesn't at least rattle the woodwork.

Last edited:
Cheer guys, and Merry Christmas to all. If I didn't back 'The Sweeny' and it hacks up by ten lengths, after your shouting about it I'd be sick as a parrot. In an open race anyhow, e/w is the way too go. Best of luck with your operation 'Bihan' as well. Certainly cheering that home for you.

In terms of Big Chief Benny, it may well be a case he was well beaten, but I thought there was at least 3 times the jock could have asked the horse to quicken with a chance but didn't. Another race may well be the target, but I'd expect a stronger run race this time, with the horse hopefully answering the questions if it ever gets asked. Took 4 places at 22s.

Going to run through racing for next couple of hours properly see if anything tickles my pickle. Probably do a few multis for interest, My main bet is done, hoping for Might Bite to bounce back.

Last edited:
A barage of money for 'The Sweeny' 6s in places from opening up at 16s. I got the latter price so best of luck.

The f/c with Big Chief pays for Christmas.

Ran a strange old race last time that one Tanlic but he's one I had on my radar. Also liked Alyson Monterg and Lake view lad in the same race though so thats a tough one.

Was going to stick Midnight Midge in the long shot thread but his price has crumbled to around 16/1 at best. Wouldn't have the most obvious claims to taking down the first race at Wincanton but a big drop back in trip off what looks a viable mark and with a claimer deployed once more. Lto very keen taking a strong pull most the way over 2m5f made a eye catching sweeping move around the final turn only not to get home and finisih well beaten. Might be capable of better over 2m here. I don't normally like to put one up after the price has been nibbled was 25's but at 16's he's probably still a borderline play for the desperate.

Certainly a stronger play a couple of races later on the same card is Paddle your own Canoe 12/1 with some Mickey mouse outfits but generally available at 11's. I did a write up for him when he was well beaten behind Champ lto. The slow pace wouldn't of suited there and the soft ground may have also been a factor in him seemingly not getting home. I'm prepared to give him another shot over this trip back on better ground with a 10lb claimer in the the saddle. Also should be assured of a decent clip with the likes of William Henry in here which will also suit. I'd be dissapointed if this one doesn't at least rattle the woodwork.

outstanding....

Brilliant Danny ...................The bad news is I just saw you bookie heading to Heathrow with a ticket to Cork in his hand:lol:

Last edited:
Wow. How blessed are we all to have Danny back posting again. That was only his NB too. The NAP runs in four minutes. Great tipping, Danny.

Last edited:
Thanks lads I'm at a mates house and I'm not being rude don't really like posting off my phone but thanks for the kind words hope some of you made a few quid.

Back