The Dante

Completely biased view here fancying Sans Frontieres tomorrow having been backing him antepost for this and the derby since his last outing. His run behind Delegator,who did win comfortably, at Newmarket looks like good form for what was only his second start of his career. Stepping up another 2 furlongs is going to suit and I am feeling very excited about his chance tomorrow. I might get shot down for saying this, and made to look very silly at 2.45 tomorrow, but taking away the Racing Post Trophy form has he achieved that much to justify being such a short price in the market? Not convinced he has, and there seems to be a lot of horses in this tomorrow which could show any amount of potential. I'm sticking with Sans Frontieres, who is beautifully bred and has shown plenty in his two starts to make me think he is capable of winning this tomorrow. The 16/1 which was available at the weekend was far too big.

Any more thoughts on this race(I seem to have focused on two horses)?

You've got a good eye David. SF was arguably finishing best of anything today and for a horse with his stamina he did an amazing job in finishing runner-up to Delegator in the Craven. By Galileo out of a Shirley Heights mare (like Fame And Glory), he'll not fail in the Derby for want of stamina.

SteveM thanks for your reply yes Nick Mordin had given up his version of DI by the time Sixties Icon won the Leger. Without giving away your secrets do you find the longer races better for DI & what is your idea of this years winner
all the best
Larry
ps that piece was very informative

The only secret to it Larry is to try to be objective about what the system is telling you.

Each race throws up a different typical type. It's about working out which blend of speed and stamina is best for which race.

I haven't looked at this year's Leger yet. Still too busy working on the Derby and Gold Cup. But I wouldn't put you of the horse that David has been going on about (third in the Dante today). Bags of stamina potential. What he's done so far is a bonus.

I backed Sans Frontieres for the Dante and the Derby after watching a recording of his first race a few days ago, I just liked his attitude; I really hope they run him in the Derby, although there does seem to be a element of doubt about his participation; people seem to get tunnel vision about the Ballydoyle horses, but I must admit that, although I've only seen them on the telly they just ooze class and are mind boglingly beautiful! But Sans Frontieres is a terrier of a horse, and I love him to bits!

Just hope he runs in the Derby, I see Ladbrokes have withdrawn him from the Derby betting and Ogden talking about going to Royal Ascot instead. Would seem strange to bypass a classis when have a real chance but you never know.

Just hope he runs in the Derby, I see Ladbrokes have withdrawn him from the Derby betting and Ogden talking about going to Royal Ascot instead. Would seem strange to bypass a classis when have a real chance but you never know.

Yes it seems the owner is keen on running him at the Royal meeting. I hope they consider the St Leger for him, anything he doing now must surely be a bonus. He'll do well at a trip.

I'm not taken with this horse at all, he canters with his head in the air, screwed this way and that and with his gob wide open. Not at all surprised they are choosing to miss Epsom, and the same for Native Ruler who has been asked too much too soon. Funny old race that Dante, having thought it was a really hot race that Crowded House would win, I am now coming round to the thought that it wasn't a hot race at all and that Crowded House might have turned it in. The little horse that won showed a bit of guts to get there as did the runner up.

Back