The Dublin Racing Festival 2020

I can't quite believe the price of Allardyce (2:35).

For a last time out winner, in the form of his life, carrying 9:12, and now offered at 25/1 is astounding.

I could be wrong, but it's worth having a bet to find out.

Last edited:
Cant have any horse for the Arkle after that. I question how hard it will be for horse to back up from DRF at Cheltenham but that looked particularly brutal.

People keep knocking the fact Petit Mouchoir finishes close to fancied horses but he is as game as they come.

Gardens of Babylon for the handicap hurdle for me tomorrow. He could be a plot job for Cheltenham - one of JP's.
Crying out for a trip according to Joseph.

I agree Danny. I have him in my book for the Coral Cup already. I’m not sure what to expect today though. Will they want to show their hand? JP surely wouldn’t want them blowing his mark when Cheltenham would be the season target.

I agree Danny. I have him in my book for the Coral Cup already. I’m not sure what to expect today though. Will they want to show their hand? JP surely wouldn’t want them blowing his mark when Cheltenham would be the season target.

Finishing placed wouldn't be the worst result so his mark remains similar! I've backed him for the Coral cup but he could go Martin Pipe.
Slight concern is that read last night JOB is not convinced he likes big fields, let's see how he goes today.

Very true Danny. I think the push up to 3 miles may be for the handicappers benefit though, so they have an explanation for a much improved performance in March. In the meantime the UK Handicapper hopefully won’t add too much tax.

That looked like fairly slow motion stuff in the Irish Gold Cup there.

Fair play to the winner who’s won the two 3m G1 races in Ireland now but can’t fancy him for the CGC when his jumping will be put under more pressure

Kemboy once again jumped to his right and can’t have him at Cheltenham either

Fantastic to see Faugheen win again but I’d take the runner up to improve past him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think there is a natural race for Faugheen at Cheltenham and would be tempted to leave him at home.

Treacysenniscorthy winning today pays a massive compliment to Ronald Pump who gave the former two stone at Leopardstown the last day when only beaten a length.

Ronald Pump I will keep an eye on for The Festival. He didn't run too well over fences the last day. Hopefully we will see him back over hurdles, with a big pull at the weights. 16/1 could prove top value.

Edit. Rated 150 in Ireland now. A similar mark for the Pertemps would have him on a big weight, but rightly so based on what he's done. If the British handicapper would leave him on 150 I'd be delighted!

Last edited:
Faugheen the highlight of the 2 days for me

I'm biased to novice chasers and 2 milers in particular but Notebook strikes me as being very special

My one concern would be that the 2 mile novice and the gold cup both looked tough races and will leave a mark of some sort of the horses

Ronald Pump has 3 entries : Challenge Cup, RSA and Stayers Hurdle. I hope he wins one of them, the sire needs a boost and I have a selfish interest in that. May struggle to be fit reading report from his latest race.

Last edited:
Back