The Gordy Elliott Horror Picture Show

Yes, definitely a photoshop job, but I agree with Granger and he should have come out fighting.

Someone defiinitley has it in for him right now though. That's the third thing in a week. I'm not repeating the other two things on a public forum though.

Clearly photoshopped as the horse has no eyes (birds presumably have already got to it) and the musculature over the quarters is poor which it would not be in a racehorse. Jeez though I’d be fuming if I were Gordon. The Daily Fail comments are having a field day!

nonsense article with genuine falsehoods such as saying elliott responded with a confession on his twitter account tonight which he absolutely hasn't. they've deleted the tweet linking to this article now.

somewhat fitting on a thread where a decent journalist has lost his job these clowns jump the gun based on some rumours that he's admitted it.

which they have now walked back and totally amended the article.

Last edited:
I don't see that as a confession, Roger. A holding statement rather than a confession.

Looking at THAT photo, my reaction was the same as Jinnyj's above. I also suspect that if the photo was real we would have already heard some mention of which horse is involved.

I really hope we're right.

Last edited:
i'm no expert on whether a particular photo has been doctored (unlike it seems hundreds on twitter who have used their so called expertise one way or the other) but the initial response from elliott doesn't fill me with confidence it's a fake

Everyone knows the picture is real now. Pure damage limitation from now on.

Surely if it is genuine he is finished? I would hope as a sport that continousy struggles to establish its credibility it would turn its back completley on someone if they were found guilty of this.

Theres a whatsapp message circulating apparently from GE stating it is real but was taken 4 years ago. Of course, thats easily faked.

People are calling for him to be banned for life, forgetting for a minute the emotional side of it, what could the IHAB actually do? Has he broken any actual rules?

I don’t see anything remotely nearing a confession myself, Roger. It reads much more like a very matter-of-fact “let the authorities conduct their review - I have nothing to hide” statement to me.

The entire thing is utterly bogus, imo. There are seemingly bad-actors at play, and - whatever their motivation - it will all be found to be a pile of shite soon enough.

Last edited:
Even if he was that callous, I don't believe he would be that stupid to have a photo taken in that situation. If so, won't be able to come back from it, can't see how he will be banned. Bigger fish getting away with even more heinous carry-on currently.

Remember Colm O'Donoghue and the damage of unproven rumours.

Last edited:
Theres a whatsapp message circulating apparently from GE stating it is real but was taken 4 years ago. Of course, thats easily faked.

People are calling for him to be banned for life, forgetting for a minute the emotional side of it, what could the IHAB actually do? Has he broken any actual rules?

If it’s true he’s in deep trouble, it doesn’t matter about the rules.

Bringing the game into disrepute and **** all else.

Last edited:
Even if he was that callous, I don't believe he would be that stupid to have a photo taken in that situation. If so, won't be able to come back from it, can't see how he will be banned. Bigger fish getting away with even more heinous carry-on currently.

Remember Colm O'Donoghue and the damage of unproven rumours.
Photo is real.

As for Colm he was innocent but has put on 4 stone and is never coming back.

If it’s legit, he is fucked.

Which name would his Cheltenham runners appear under, if he has the book thrown at him rapid? Possibly a pricey Top Festival Trainer option to bail into here.

So what? Big whoop. Whanna fight about it?

:lol:

Back