The hacking incident yesterday

dvds2000

Gone But Not Forgotten
yes I know its the wrong forum but more will see it here :)

Some will be aware the forums were down for a couple of hours yesterday due to a hacking attack.

Everything seems to be ok now, except the links which I'm working on fixing today. Until they are fixed just use the drop down boxes to get about to different forums

Col

Thanks, DVDS - what tiresome little dicks some people are. I blame E numbers, or Mummy not breast-feeding the little oik. Anyway, still getting 'Invalid Forum' box when I click on, but easy to get into the site via New Posts, etc.

i thought that i had done something stupid and it was just me that was'nt been allowed in. i can never see the point why people do that sort of thing.

i thought that i had done something stupid and it was just me that was'nt been allowed in. i can never see the point why people do that sort of thing.

Same as that- I felt like a proper plonker yesterday. Great work all concerned for resuming normal superb service:cool::cool:

nor me, but to be fair I emailed him and he emailed me back, and gave me the login details (not that they were needed then but he didn't know that)
Most hackers wouldn't do that

I wish my slow system were that easy - Gal, after you recommended AVG free, I used it up until last month, when they promoted their 2011 version with PC Tune-Up for just £42. I decided to upgrade to it and the pc immediately went into QUIXALL CROSSETT mode - 10 flippin' minutes to just get to the emails, let alone open any. I phoned AVG today (cue hideous music for 5 minutes) and the problem is that the pc doesn't have enough memory. I now have to buy a bloody RAM thing to add onto the processor so that their blasted anti-everything works without slowing everything down to a crawl. Not such a bargain after all, as that'll be around £30, I believe.

Really damned annoying when you're not asked what your pc's memory is before you hand over the money. The free stuff worked fine, btw, but AVG went on about much of it now expiring and probably not protecting as well as the new, not free, version.

They will always try and flog it - but seriously the free antivirus is more than enough for someone is careful enough when browsing/downloading online.

I wish my slow system were that easy - Gal, after you recommended AVG free, I used it up until last month, when they promoted their 2011 version with PC Tune-Up for just £42. I decided to upgrade to it and the pc immediately went into QUIXALL CROSSETT mode - 10 flippin' minutes to just get to the emails, let alone open any. I phoned AVG today (cue hideous music for 5 minutes) and the problem is that the pc doesn't have enough memory. I now have to buy a bloody RAM thing to add onto the processor so that their blasted anti-everything works without slowing everything down to a crawl. Not such a bargain after all, as that'll be around £30, I believe.

Really damned annoying when you're not asked what your pc's memory is before you hand over the money. The free stuff worked fine, btw, but AVG went on about much of it now expiring and probably not protecting as well as the new, not free, version.

Back