The JP McManus Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Tomorrows meeting is a glorified point to point.There will be a good crowd there and no doubt a couple of small gambles will be attempted.Maybe Micks will have his day tomorrow.
My idea of a likely gamble/winner is Joxer at 11/4(bog) against Midnight Game is a race with a history of upsets.

Tomorrows meeting is a glorified point to point.There will be a good crowd there and no doubt a couple of small gambles will be attempted.Maybe Micks will have his day tomorrow.
My idea of a likely gamble/winner is Joxer at 11/4(bog) against Midnight Game is a race with a history of upsets.

Joxer and playing are the other bets on the card. I can see Playing going off very short.

If tomorrow is not the day for Micks then there won't be a day. Midnight Game will have to fall for Joxer to win. Playings race is a match race between him and 2nd fav. I like Daring Article in the first - thrown in on hurdles form against a bunch of yaks - 12/1 is very fair.

Daring Article has been smashed more times than a Tallaght housewife.

Last edited:
No

I've backed Micks and its worth noting he's in a first time hoodie.

Speckled Wood strikes me as a likely gamble - I'm predicting this goes off fav - The Mullins yoke's French form looks very poor and trainer has only had her for 5 days - Speckled Wood only 7L behind Ally Cascade on first run and Ally Cascade less than a length behind Jezki on previous run and made that horse work to win.

Nows the chance for the clever lads on this thread to put their money where there mouth is. Who wants to lay me Micks? I'll take 6/1 e/w.

Everybody if he drifts any further on the machine he's already hit 9.8:lol:

I'm willing to stake my forum reputation on this. If Micks wins you can never post on the forum again or if he loses I'll never post again.

That's a manly bet, are we on for it?

Micks wouldn't win if he set of now but why would I want you to leave the forum, watching you squirm and lose the head when I shoot you down in flames is so much fun

The fact is since I crossed swords with you on this thread your nose has been put out of joint because I pointed out just how much crap you were writing on here.......This latest totally uncalled for effort outdoes all of that. It is childish and shows you for what you are......a complete fool

If you could be trusted to actually come up with the dosh I'd wipe you out with what must be the dumbest post in the history of the forum and it wouldn't cost me a coin to to do it.

Micks is already 7/1 and 13/2 with other bookies and no doubt he'll hit 9 again on the machine so at worst all you would achieve is to make me some free money and if he lost you'd be penniless. Your head is for thinking with and your feet are for kicking with somehow I think you get them mixed up sometimes.

Have a nice day and go lay off Micks while you can is the best advice I can give you.

Last edited:
Well I'm not getting involved in this bickering stuff but I can tell you Micks is a hallmark McManus horse, one that can win today.

The big thing is his trainer Roche. Now I know nothing about this fella apart from he trained the world hurdle second once when Baracouda won, JP went on the beeb afterwards and said "Christy was adamant" (Roche was adamant Bannow Bay would do Baracouda).

So these fellas obviously have a bit of history, if theres one trainer do deliver the goods, it'll be Roche.

Imo best bet of the day. LEts hope we're laughing by the end of play, Shadey.:)

Can't see it myself, Marb.
All the JP gambles I recall had clear justification for being backed, and there's nothing in this horse's form (imo) to suggest today might be the day. Though he's placed on heavy ground, his whole profile is that of a summer ground horse, and his record over fences is abysmal.
Essentially, you're guessing, and though there's a chance he might pull it off, I'd hardly see that as an approach to serious punting.
Good luck anyway.

Last edited:
Every punt on a four legged animal is one big guess really, Reet.

I hear what you're saying but it'll look like a much better guess when mine and slims money arrives.:D

Don't suppose you want 6/1 as well do you Martin :p He hit 12.5 on the machine earlier and has settled down at 9.8......1600 quid traded

Reet said it all they'd get shot if the gambled him today and won unless of course he's had major brain surgery since he last run which is about the only excuse the stewards would except.

Good luck though....If he bounces back and wins good on you lads for taking the chance I'd never grudge anyone a winner.

i've got an image in my head

buster_gonad_1.jpg

hahaha

I feel like passionately shagging a tree after seeing that and I bottled it in the end.:)

I'm barring myself from this thread.

LOl@EC:)

Last edited:
Back