The King George

Should be a cracker and I wouldn't right off any of the front 4 in the market . If long run places or get witching 25l of the winner il be amazed

Fascinating and informative guide to Kempton chase track on RUK just now.
You have to stay 3 miles to win as track more galloping now since it was moved to accommodate all weather track.
Horses must keep to inside rail also especially past the stands as ground falls away from you after the bend.
I do hope RUK do a similar guide to other major tracks as it explains why horses are suddenly beaten in King George after a mistake or two.

I respect Cue Card but this race feels right for Al Ferof so he is my first choice but I had to cover the bet with Mount Benbulben, hoping for a bit of soft ground for him.

Cue Card is a collosus who is generally under-estimated by a half-stone due to who trains and who rides.

He is miles clear of the opposition on form, and should be a 6/4 shot in this company. He will bounce-off in front, jump/gallop them into submission, and win hard-held.

Last edited:
I respect Cue Card but this race feels right for Al Ferof so he is my first choice but I had to cover the bet with Mount Benbulben, hoping for a bit of soft ground for him.

For me, whatever Al Ferof does I think he's better suited to Cheltenham and is a better betting proposition in the gold cup.

Eleven runners remain in King George VI Chase: Al Ferof, Captain Chris, Champion Court, Cue Card, Dynaste, Long Run, Menorah,Mount Benbulben, Prince De Beauchene, Riverside Theatre and Silviniaco Conti complete those confirmed for the race today.

latest ground report

Good to Soft
(Going Stick: Chase 6.3; Hurdle 6.1 on Friday at 15:15)
6 yards of fresh ground on both courses.
All distances as advertised.
34mm of rain since Sunday 15.12.2013
Forecast: Wet, Mild and Breezy; potential for another 35mm of
rain up to 27.12.2013

Lashing it down in West London today and certain to be Soft or worse I reckon. Cue Card drifting (assume on the back of the weather) but just looks an opportunity to top up...

Certainly is. If any course is going to defy this downpour and surprise with better going than expected, it will be kempton. But Monday night is supposed to be very heavy

Back