The Latest Prodigy

Sounds encouraging enough for a first run Grey, form the sparse details on Sporting Life
- good luck with her

I'm heading up there tonight so might see you there. As a matter of interest, a bunch of lads I know had a horse with Harty and not sure if it was Harty or the syndicate manager but the communication was apparently desparate. Would like to get your view on that as he seems to be a good communicator on the TV.

I live in Brussels and won't be at Leopardstown tonight, Cantoris. Next time I'm around will be for the Derby meeting. I'd be delighted to meet up if you're there too.

I'd say that run was satisfactory, she showed a good attitude, perhaps the mile is a little long for her, she should win a race.

Very heavy ground Grey, one would have thought she would have prefered it goodish......you have to run when you get the opportunity though , right.

Sheikh, the going could indeed be a problem. And so could some of the opposition.

An Capall, :D
It seems Ballydoyle couldn't be arsed getting a team together for this 50-70 handicap, which is quite lazy of them really.

She went off favourite to my amazement, Harty's is not a renowned gambling stable. She got interfered with in the back straight, but no real excuses. The jockeys were describing the ground as holding, which no one likes, so we'll live in hope for another day.

Theres definitely one in her Grey. She was hammered a couple of times down the back and she did run on OK. Longer trip?

7f on a galloping track, gd ground.Ride her handy.They've had her too far back and hold onto her far as long as possible.

Last edited:
Camira goes this evening at Listowel. She ran ok last time at Limerick. Maybe she'll get her turn at some stage.

Well folks, Camira got her turn tonight. :):):)

It all fell nicely for her. Ideal ground, a favourable draw and a clear passage. She has been running a lot lately on drying, tacky ground but tonight's good ground was fresh after recent rain and was what was needed. And let's face it, the opposition were not the strongest she's faced.

I hope the handicapper is not too impressed. :whistle:

Mountain Flower, by the way is too lowly rated to continue racing in Ireland but she is in great heart and playing a useful role as big sister to some of the younger ones in the yard. Eddie Harty even entered her up at races in Yarmouth and Lingfield the week he was sending Baron D'El over to Royal Ascot but couldn't get her a run.

Creola will be running again soon but we'll have to see how she gets on in handicaps.

Sheikh, you can be my racing manager, but the position is purely honorary. Your suggestions above turned out to be on the money.

Thanks, Sheikh! I've just offered you a post as honorary racing manager in the original thread.

Would a moderator like to merge them?

Back