The Latest Prodigy

Thanks for all the good wishes. The list of things that can go wrong with horses seems to be infinite, and that's before they even get to the track, so it's important to appreciate the moments when everything goes right.

Thanks for all the good wishes. The list of things that can go wrong with horses seems to be infinite, and that's before they even get to the track, so it's important to appreciate the moments when everything goes right.

Isn't that just the case. Very many congratulations... you're fully entitled to celebrate.

Very pleased for you, Grey. The list of things that can go wrong with horses IS infinite, I'm afraid - starting from birth! I am in awe of old-timers, still sound and still loving their work, who keep entertaining us into their teens, bless them. And I've the hugest respect for those trainers who manage to keep them that way, too. God knows there seem to be enough who can shoot 'em to bits quick enough.

Camira came out her last race in good form and goes for a quick follow-up at Roscommon tonight with D J Moran again taking the ride. The ground will be rather different to what she encountered at Fairyhouse last week, but at least it won't be tacky and her draw is probably ok.

It's a much better looking race, though, with good prize money on offer considering the grade. Not surprisingly it looks very open, with six horses currently in the 6/1 - 7/1 range.

Creola is first reserve, I haven't heard whether she might get a run.

Tough one Grey. Kaplinsky has been running consistently well this year and the Faths tend to like a cut more then your girl I'd say.Young Carroll claiming 7 is useful too. Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks for the good wishes.

She's one of eight(!) horses in the race priced generally at 10/1 or less.

People talk about the handicappers being pleased when there is a blanket finish, but is a betting market such as we have for tonight's race not a better indicator of good work on their part?

Thanks for the good wishes.

She's one of eight(!) horses in the race priced generally at 10/1 or less.

People talk about the handicappers being pleased when there is a blanket finish, but is a betting market such as we have for tonight's race not a better indicator of good work on their part?

Either good handicapping or miserly bookmaking :)

Irish races are often bet to ridiculously high percentages, especially when it comes to early prices. The paper forecasts are even worse.

She ran fine, I thought, and might have been second on better ground. The winner was too good for all of them.

Back