The Leger

...Not so Septimus… you have to love him... would be great to see him line up in the Arc rather than slog it out down under.

Exactly. He`d have more chance than The Duke and ultimately the greatest race in the world versus a handicap - surely it shouldn`t even be up for debate?

Respect Chris, you've kept us informed of the ins and outs all along, hope you filled your boots

Sorry Look Here didn't quite make it, but 3rd in a Leger for a filly isn't bad any road up
RB made it sound like she would still be in training next year which would be fantastic

If this was early season, everyone would be saying Look Here blew up but ran on. Clearly wasn't match fit to me. Hope she's out again before the season's over but apparently that's unlikely.

She needs time between races - but the Yorkshire Oaks was always supposed to put her spot on [and btw she was intended and expected to win that! - Leger is a different kettle of fish of course, being v. the colts]

If this was early season, everyone would be saying Look Here blew up but ran on. Clearly wasn't match fit to me. Hope she's out again before the season's over but apparently that's unlikely.

I think that is what happened. It was always the worry that she would be able to reproduce her form after such a long lay off and the setback that ruled her out at the abandoned York meeting. She had only just begun to sparkle again at home and I agree that another run in a couple of weeks would see her to advantage.

Yesterday she wasn't quite back for me and unable to cope with two who had hit peak form.

Interesting that the pace set by Ballydoyle's pacemakers seemed to suit others better than their own horses this time. In fact Hindu Kush ran best of all the O'Brien team and with New Zealand 2nd at the Curragh not a bad day for the Pacemakers.

Back