The Nicky Henderson Thread 2019 / 2020

From Twitter

I’ve had a discussion with the Pughs regarding Altior and he will be entered in the G2 Silviniaco Conti Chase over 2m4f at Ascot on Saturday with the intention very much to run. Nico was happy with his work yesterday and he’ll school in the week.

Sort it out Nicky ffs

attachment.php

Attachments

• Temp.jpg
    Temp.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 131
They had to make sure all those involved were on Top Notch at decent prices before they made it public [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicky Henderson is my favourite trainer, if I have one, but he isn't always clear in his communication to the betting public.

I assume someone inside the yard is letting the side down.

Nicky Henderson is my favourite trainer, if I have one, but he isn't always clear in his communication to the betting public.

I assume someone inside the yard is letting the side down.

Possibly not DO, if he rang the BHA to let them know of the situation last Tuesday at 0845 then they also knew so could quite easily have starting having fun on the exchanges.

Possibly not DO, if he rang the BHA to let them know of the situation last Tuesday at 0845 then they also knew so could quite easily have starting having fun on the exchanges.

It would be very interesting indeed if that were the case.

It would make a complete mockery of the BHA's claimed stance on integrity within the sport.

Just people ploughing into top notch with the bookmakers I believe

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Come on, it's far more likely that the twitches in the betting market were coming from someone close to the stable than from the BHA.

After all, he says he rang the BHA precisely because things were happening in the betting markets.

Bookies have always found ways to pump trainers and their closer circle for information, but now they're allowed to do it and advertise the fact.

I'm not sure which thread it was on but not long ago I mentioned how frequently Henderson odds-on shots lose.

Add Call Me Lord to the list.

Ah right ok, Nicky. You and your stable jockey were certainly not talking up a step up in trip 'suiting' him were you...

Never get to see him in a Melling now where he would have been mustard.

Wasn't the trip that beat him at Ascot though the KG always looked unlikely.

Nicky saying a soft ground Champion Chase could be the undoing of Altior.

I wouldn’t put it past him to not run him and go straight to Sandown.

Back