The Nicky Henderson Thread

Any idea what happened to cause Nicky and connections to move him on? He looked a very classy prospect.

I don't think they have moved him on remains in the same ownership (Santini's colours). I think they felt he had lost his way a bit under rules so a spell pointing and hunting might regain his confidence. Certainly the way he won yesterday showed he is enjoying life.

Different Gravey formerly a useful hurdler for Hendo won his third point to point in a row today. Hes going back rules next season and could be worth keeping an eye on now his confidence has picked up. Owner also had a nice maiden winner in Foxworthy who will be going to yard as well.

Loved DG for a very long time - really hope this has worked long term for him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes i loved him too and thought he was very well named as I felt he could be really special. He's a bonny horse in the flesh.

I know he has Mister Coffee entered for the 2M4F novice chase at Newbury on Friday. He placed in a couple of decent handicap hurdles last season. Maybe he could be better over fences. That said, I am hoping Tea Clipper turns up. He's trained by Tom Lacey, currently favourite for the race and can hopefully improve again from the last day.

Last edited:
No Ordinary Joe has been his best novice hurdler out so far. Would have to carry double penalty in novices, hence his fine run in the Greatwood.
Doddie the Great looked pretty good, too.
On the chasing front Emir Sacre - decent, but not spectacular.
Waiting for bigger guns to fire.

I reckon one of them will win Supreme and Arkle. And then be seen twice year for the rest of their lives.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Constitution Hill much more impressive that Jonbon imo.

If Constitution Hill had not been in that race Might I would be in everyones notebook as one to follow.

He has gone past the 3rd like he was a tree and left him about 15 lengths in his wake which in it's own would have been a good performance.

No doubt about it this Constitution Hill is very very good.

However I'll stay in the Jonbun camp who has been christined black airplane Mk2.

Think that Henderson has the kennel gate pencilled in for Jonbon and 'we'll find something' for constitution hill suggests the pecking order. To the eye, couldn't fault either

Maybe, but Sprinter Sacre did not win the Supreme and Altior did. And it's the latter who came to mind when Constitution Hill bounded clear.

March 22 might see a repeat of Mrach 2011 when Nicky ran both Spirit Son and Sprinter Sacre. He would not hear of defeat for Spirit Son and we all know how that turned out.

That was the only time Spirit Son lost in his short career and if you look back at how well Sprinter Sacre was going 2 out you'll be scratching your head wondering how he got beat.

Truth is as Nicky predicted Sprinter was a big baby at the time and weakened like one despite having won 4 from 5 beforehand.

A similar situation was when Altior came out ahead of the somewhat immature Buveur D'Air who had won his in his two previous outings.

Right now I can't see a chink in either's armour but then neither has really been tested so to be fair it is pure guesswork and like in Al Ferof's year perhaps neither will prevail

Back