The Nicky Henderson Thread

At the moment having all of them at Willie's means that it's hard to split them through the season. They do line up occasional raids over here mid-season but more often than not they're pulled anyway.

This move makes perfect sense. By splitting his young horses between Ireland and the UK he can target the big races in both throughout the entire season. I also wonder whether he might move a small number of his more established horses for the same reason.

I reckon Patrick getting to ride one of the great horses of our time in the premier 2 mile chase was the straw that broke the camel's back
Would that be the Patrick who, his only time on the horse, won a G1 novice chase on Douvan?

Last edited:
I8 lengths in a 4 horse race, I could have ridden it that day. At least falling last week saved him from getting a beating. :whistle:

I don't mind Patrick as he is probably a bit smarter than most but I am very anti family being used by trainers.

I certainly was no fan of Joe Tizzard and both Joshua and Jamie Moore are well below average pilots

David and Danny Mullins are ordinary at best and have no idea why Michael Buckley had David ride Brain Power when Nicky Henderson has Nico who would ride him to sleep.

I don't agree with Patrick getting the ride but there's no one closer to the horse than him so it came as no surprise when he stepped up.

The truth is if he wasn't family someone like Barry Geraghty or Jack Kennedy would have been offered the ,mount

Nicky's statement re Altior

97iid3.jpg

Different Gravey formerly a useful hurdler for Hendo won his third point to point in a row today. Hes going back rules next season and could be worth keeping an eye on now his confidence has picked up. Owner also had a nice maiden winner in Foxworthy who will be going to yard as well.

Back