The Nicky Henderson Thread

Getting away from Top Notch for a moment after the Charli Parc debacle and a good nights sleep, maybe I am crazy but I'll be hammering John Quinn's Project Bluebook and to hell with the consequences.

As for Nicky Henderson's runner he stays, Gets 6lbs off all but one of these, has won from the front which is a big plus at Musselburgh and normally you'd get stuck right in him being thrown into listed company from the off. The problem with him is stories are going around he's been a huge gamble others are saying he's going to need the run which does nothing more than add to the confusion

Even if he is off for his life faster they go the better for Project Bluebook who has loads of toe and absolutely dotted up up off a fast pace on the same course 2 weeks ago. He looks like a horse going places is definitely 100% fit as he would have been going for the Supreme trial if not this.

All that and Brian Hughes messed up and many a finger was burned. Really though why would JP take Chali out leave in Bluebook if he wasn't the one to back and he knew for sure Nicky's couldn't win.......good plan **** result

Whatever happened to Ivantheterrible who told me Top Notch wouldn't make the grade over fences.....not fair when they go into hiding and you can't run salt in the wounds.

He's back on the go again tomorrow looking for his 4th win on the trot but up to now had had a very easy time of it beating 2 donkeys and another horse who made an ass of himself.

Clan Des Obeaux looks a great prospect and will be tough to beat. As for Le Prezien I've already said I thought he was a very expensive purchase so I am sticking to my guns and eliminating him from Calculations,

This is the biggy for Top Notch and will give some indication of where he ends up next Cheltenham or Cartmel.

Good to hear his old sidekick Peace and Co continues to thrive. If he can find his old form he's be a shoe in for The Imperial Cup of his new mark

Do what you have to but make it quick.

Beautiful round of jumping. Neat as you like.

Excellent performance from Top Notch. Pleased with Baron Alco, he got home for the each way so I'm happy.

:) I have said a few time I don't rate le Prezien so can't get too carried away but it's another notch to his name and he is making up to being a nice chaser

Pounge Bobbi ran over a half-mile too short a trip.....is still of interest in the novice handicap chase that closes the Tuesday.

If you were a bookie what price would you have offered?...NJH, Sparkling piece of work on Monday, being touted for the Fred Winter 16/1 against a horse who looked one paced in an ordinary race last time out. Good looking horse, did show some promise travelling well and leading for along way but then folded in a heap...Hardly inspiring in yesterdays class of race

Obviously something a miss with PS the 3rd beaten 3/4 L by him makes no sense unless we have two potential stars in the same race

Last edited:
This blog is clearly not word for word and is written by some eejit

Charli Parcs "We all know what we are trying to achieve, whether it’s the Triumph or Supreme, I don’t know but we should have a better idea after this"

What happened to "I want to run him in the Triumph but it's not my decision?" how the hell would winning the Adonis on the bridle like he is expected to tell them something they don't know already.

Ten of Hendersons to work before racing at Kempton this afternoon including Brain Power. Not sure if Racing UK will cover it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This blog is clearly not word for word and is written by some eejit

Charli Parcs "We all know what we are trying to achieve, whether it’s the Triumph or Supreme, I don’t know but we should have a better idea after this"

What happened to "I want to run him in the Triumph but it's not my decision?" how the hell would winning the Adonis on the bridle like he is expected to tell them something they don't know already.

He is on The Opening Show as guest for ITV now and just said ideally he'l like to go to Triumph with him but ultimately it's JP's decision and it'll probably come down to splitting himself & Defi based on ground conditions. Geraghty reckons charli would like it better so he said that will probably be how it's decided. They'll know more closer to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From SL re racecourse gallop at Kempton today

The trio were in action for just over a circuit of the Sunbury venue, with Josses Hill taking them round before Champion Hurdle contender Brain Power went on a furlong and a half out, followed by Peace And Co.
That is how they finished, and Brain Power's rider David Mullins said: "He felt very good, we all came up on the bridle and it feels like he's in great form. Hopefully he will stay going the way it is.
"He is an improving horse and I can't wait to be on him at Cheltenham."
Peace and Co, who could head for the Imperial Cup at Sandown, which would set up a potential bonus bid at Cheltenham, was partnered by Jerry McGrath, who said: "That will have done him the world of good, getting him in the paddock nice and relaxed, and he settled very well.
"There's still a big pot in him. To be fair they have spent a lot of time at home getting him to settle and relax, as he showed today. He really has switched off. This time last year he would have run away with you, but this year he is more amenable."
Henderson said: "That was good, and exactly what I wanted and hoped for. Josses Hill was great, you can see why he wants that bit further.
"Brain Power was great, he was tanking throughout and he loved it. David said that's the way he wanted him to go.
"You saw a different horse today with Peace And Co. This time last year he would have been a hundred yards in front before the winning post the first time round. That's his first anything, but we've been doing lots of work at home.
"We might be looking at the Imperial Cup and things like that."

I watched the Opening Show this morning. Crap. How many casual viewers do they think they get?

I want the Opening Show to be about the afternoon's racing, not about Freddy T (bless him) or Frankel's progeny or the fvckin Godolphin awards.

David Yates was the highlight this morning.

And hardly a mention of the Eider.

Back