The Oaks & Irish Oaks

Guest_

At the Start
What a nightmare of a race to look at right now. I do not think the Guineas winner will turn up, serious doubts about Fantasia's stamina and the same applies to Rainbow View (who has other questions marks as well).

High Heeled impressed many last time at Newbury (?), and looks like she could be a big improver over this sort of trip. Stable in fine form, does anyone know what trial she is due to run in?

Two Irish fillys that interest me are Beauty O'Gawn and Again. The Oxx filly won well at Leopardstown and is bred to get the trip standing on her head. Handled decent ground at Leopardstown but should handle any ease as well. My worry would be her temperment, something that has often come into play with her family.

Again is by Danehill Dancer but she has a decent chance of getting the Oaks trip. Won the Moyglare last year but even then that looked a bare minimum for her. Was glad to see her miss the Guineas as that was never going to suit and it will be interesting to see if they go the French/Irish Guineas route or an Oaks trial.

High Heeled also had something of a form frank with the 4th (Palvacini) and 5th (My Old Pal) from Newbury coming 2nd and 1st in the 10F Listed race at Newmarket

Two Irish fillys that interest me are Beauty O'Gawn and Again. The Oxx filly won well at Leopardstown and is bred to get the trip standing on her head. Handled decent ground at Leopardstown but should handle any ease as well. My worry would be her temperment, something that has often come into play with her family.

Take it you mean Roses For The Lady, Gal?

High Heeled was being aimed at the Pretty Polly then the Oaks prior to her Newbury win. Seems they've now decided to go straight to the Oaks.

Interesting to see how she fares at Chester tommorrow in the Chesire Oaks. Form has been franked since by Jakarta Jazz but she'll surely have to step up a good deal on that to play a hand at Epsom. Will be interesting how she handles both the ground and the track tommorrow, given her relatively high knee action.

Can't imagine how she could have been more impressive to be honest. Tote's 12/1 looks biggest, generally 8s.

And why would you take handicap marks from a 2 year old campaign that literally in a Listed race, where quite a few in there are expected to be a lot better than they've shown.

Taking performance regardless imo

In today's race, the second's OR of 81 is based off one run in a 7f maiden last October.

Look Here was beaten by a horse with an OR of 80 in this race last year.

Light Shift had a horse with an OR with a rating of 87 a little over a length back in the Cheshire Oaks two years ago.

I think history shows it pays to be on the right side of Henry in the Oaks, and his Lingfield trial winners have a pretty good record...

Market for this race looks a nightmare. Fantasia was a false favourite anyway but at before todays run she looked top class!! Cecil's filly must have a great chance.

Back