The Pointing Thread

Probably not that simple but he has a favourites chance - Ockey De Neulliac looks chronically underrated when compared with some of those who are shorter than him in the market (Clonbanan Lad, Major Mal, Monkey Kingdom etc). I'd definitely be having some of the 66's e/w about him and I know that Sam Cavallaro has been aimed at this one for a year now but the rain won't help him sadly.

Benedictus will win at Taunton.

Martin

Sorry Benny not been on today - my only thoughts throughout the day were that the market suggested a much more positive ride on Damiens Dilemma, that and they've obviously schooled him.

Still reeling from backing Ballyoptic for a Winner Of One at Loughanmore back in October - he finished second at 7/2!!!

Martin

Ha! I actually backed Ballyoptic by accident on Friday. Was trying to back Bellshill but to be honest I'd had a few pints at lunch and was getting a bit squinty at my phone. Stuck £30ew on by mistake but thought I'd let it ride. My luck was properly in on Friday. Seems it was for one day only though; normal service resumed in the golf.

Backed Emperor Renard e/w at a huge price in the P2P bumper - hampered late on on debut but ran on strongly late. Probably should have won.

Prices look about right in the two HC's - will be at Tabley P2P on Sunday assuming it's on, looks a good card re-arranged from two weeks ago if anyone in the North West is around it's basically at Knutsford Services on the M6.

Martin

Backed Emperor Renard e/w at a huge price in the P2P bumper - hampered late on on debut but ran on strongly late. Probably should have won.

Prices look about right in the two HC's - will be at Tabley P2P on Sunday assuming it's on, looks a good card re-arranged from two weeks ago if anyone in the North West is around it's basically at Knutsford Services on the M6.

Martin

You've moved the market; not a huge price any more!

17:15 Lilbitluso is a lay @ sub 2/1 - he's had an interrupted preparation and a tendency to jump low and right handed won't help him around here.

17:50 Stone @ 12/1 is overpriced here. He won in a fast time at Hereford last time out beating previous winner Green Winter on good to soft, soft in places going. Prior to that he'd beaten the prolific Rosie's Peacock and at 12/1 he looks a standout bet in a competitive race.

18:25 Barrel Of Laughs@ 33/1 - I've put him up on here before but not sure I'd want to be laying 33's about him, guaranteed stayer, jumps for fun. He fell late on last time out but has won this season and there was good money for him that day (Easter Saturday). Another competitive race but no way should horses like Man Of Steel, Fredo & Tony Star be less than half the price he is for a top yard.

19:35 Vasco Du Mee @ 10/1 - I make this a match race between this fellow and last years winner Major Malarkey. Carruthers isn't the horse he was - if he can run to 120 then I'd be chuffed with that and has a novice rider up. Join Together has looked doggy in the recent past and while VDM is unlikely to have too much assistance from the saddle Phine Banks has won on him before and the horse stays well and won a decent contest without being challenge (Pentiffic in behind) at Hereford last time out.

17:50 Stone @ 12/1 is overpriced here. He won in a fast time at Hereford last time out beating previous winner Green Winter on good to soft, soft in places going. Prior to that he'd beaten the prolific Rosie's Peacock and at 12/1 he looks a standout bet in a competitive race.

18:25 Barrel Of Laughs@ 33/1 - I've put him up on here before but not sure I'd want to be laying 33's about him, guaranteed stayer, jumps for fun. He fell late on last time out but has won this season and there was good money for him that day (Easter Saturday). Another competitive race but no way should horses like Man Of Steel, Fredo & Tony Star be less than half the price he is for a top yard.

19:35 Vasco Du Mee @ 10/1 - I make this a match race between this fellow and last years winner Major Malarkey. Carruthers isn't the horse he was - if he can run to 120 then I'd be chuffed with that and has a novice rider up. Join Together has looked doggy in the recent past and while VDM is unlikely to have too much assistance from the saddle Phine Banks has won on him before and the horse stays well and won a decent contest without being challenge (Pentiffic in behind) at Hereford last time out.

All of those are shorter than when posted, Vasco half the price! Martin the market mover :D

Not seeing why Sam Cavallaro is 11/1 in this opening contest - hold up style likely to suit a strongly run contest like this, won this last year from off the pace and though aimed all year at the Aintree Foxhunters that didn't work out. Drop in trip should suit him and can go in again.

Not seeing why Sam Cavallaro is 11/1 in this opening contest - hold up style likely to suit a strongly run contest like this, won this last year from off the pace and though aimed all year at the Aintree Foxhunters that didn't work out. Drop in trip should suit him and can go in again.
WOW !
Stupendous tipping, sir.:thumbsup:

You are just a legend!!! Top class[emoji106]

Jockey change on Gunmoney is a positive - Tom McLorey won on him earlier in the season, horse comes off the bridle but stays very well and while he probably doesn't have the class of a Current Event he's a guaranteed stayer and worth chancing at around 11/1.

Martin

Kimora drifted to a very backable price here, lacks the class of a few of these but with doubts about Popaway (trip), Durban Gold (class) she looks a fair bet @ 20+ on the machine. Won over 3m6f last time out under the trainer and a better jockey up here so know she stays.

Martin

Brilliant stuff Martin - I've made a tasty profit following them :adore::adore:

How about Foynes Island in the last? Gave your certainty Benedictus a big scare L/T/O.

Back