The Pointing Thread

There was a wee pub in Westport screaming home young hurricane tonight. You saved a lot of bacon there so let me pass on the gratitude of the resident gamblers :) 25-1 ffs !! Much obliged!

Is tomorrow's hunter the start of another season Irish Stamp ?
Outstanding thread last year best if luck for the coming season ��

It's always interesting to see which ex-rules horses are going Hunter Chasing, so it might be worth putting a list on here of those we know are going Hunter Chasing and those that are either entered up or run. Both Unioniste and Opening Batsman ran in the opening Hunter Chase yesterday, finishing second and third with plenty of time to qualify.

Will Toby Lerone repeat last years Success at Hereford today?..appears to be a few quid knocking round for it.
THink Sir Jack Yeats might be interesting for new yard myself.

Early thoughts:

16:55 Sam Cavallaro @ 10/1 is drifting to a very backable price considering he's won this twice and finished runner-up to a runaway winner 12 months ago - couple of classy rivals against him but he has his conditions here.

17:30 Summer Sounds @ 18/1 jockey not the best but he's done well on this gelding all season including when winning a qualifier for this easily at Penshurst (weak area mind) in March. Good yard.

18:05 Not much value here at present.

18:40 Kelsey @ 22/1 best effort in three point-to-point starts came when winning under this rider at Lydstep (soft) last time out. Seems to be an improved performer since switching to p2p company and he looks a big e/w price in this.

19:15 Waiting on this race

19:50 Excitable Island @ 8/1. Placed in the Intermediate Final last year and shapes like a dour stayer, likely to run well once more.

20:25 Nothing as yet.

I went to this last year and its surprising how this course catches many pointers out with their jumping. I'd say its definitely a place for "horses for courses"

I know they fancy Robin des People (2nd race) on a flat track with good ground as I have interviewed connections the last twice he has won. Connor Brace is the lad I mentioned in a different thread - only 16 but a very competent rider and he just cruised round last time. Likewise the same connections have Pink Eyed Pedro in the next race and he's completely unexposed under rules. Trainer David Brace is a shrewd cookie and he's a good each way price. Master Baker would be my idea of the winner though.

Golden Hoof is a former NJH inmate and has been impressive the last twice but they are v sweet on Monsieur Gibraltor (Rose Loxton is Paul Nicholls Head Girl)

But Martin is truly the expert - I only know West Country form and its sometimes difficult to merge the Areas.

I went to this last year and its surprising how this course catches many pointers out with their jumping. I'd say its definitely a place for "horses for courses"

I know they fancy Robin des People (2nd race) on a flat track with good ground as I have interviewed connections the last twice he has won. Connor Brace is the lad I mentioned in a different thread - only 16 but a very competent rider and he just cruised round last time. Likewise the same connections have Pink Eyed Pedro in the next race and he's completely unexposed under rules. Trainer David Brace is a shrewd cookie and he's a good each way price. Master Baker would be my idea of the winner though.

Golden Hoof is a former NJH inmate and has been impressive the last twice but they are v sweet on Monsieur Gibraltor (Rose Loxton is Paul Nicholls Head Girl)

But Martin is truly the expert - I only know West Country form and its sometimes difficult to merge the Areas.

Well done jimmy ����

He may be the expert but I'll take that sort of summary every time - WD

Back